Free tickets are now available online for free admission for 2 to “participating museums and cultural institutions across the country” on Museum Day (Saturday, September 22, 2018). Museum Day is an annual celebration of boundless curiosity hosted by Smithsonian magazine. Each Museum Day ticket provides free admission for two people on Saturday, September 22, 2018.
There are over 1,250 participating museums across the country that are participating. Some of the best options include these in the Georgia Mountains are:
- The Foxfire Museum & Heritage Center Mountain City, GA
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. ‐ 4:30 p.m.
- Adult admission regularly $8
- 6th Cavalry Museum Fort Oglethorpe, GA
- Hours: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Adult admission regularly $3
- Folk Pottery Museum of Northeast Georgia Sautee-Nacoochee, GA
- Hours: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Adult admission regularly $5
Click here to search for your favorite participating location and get your free Museum Day ticket (provides admission for 2). Where will your curiosity lead you this Museum Day? Follow on social media @MuseumDay #MuseumDay #WomenMakingHistory