Apple Picking in North GA
As the weather starts to cool, and the air fills with the sweet scent of ripened fruit, it’s the perfect time to visit North Georgia’s apple-picking orchards.
Whether you prefer to spend a quiet weekday strolling through apple trees on a local farm or to get caught up in the excitement of an apple harvest festival, there are lots of great ways to enjoy the fall harvest.
Use the guide below to find great places where you can enjoy the autumn apple harvest in North Georgia.
Apple Picking Orchards in North Georgia
The Autumn apple harvest is the most popular time to visit well-known large farms like Mercier Orchards or some of the smaller orchards in North Georgia. These family-friendly places let you pick your own apples from dozens of apple varieties. Plus, some orchards have u-cut flowers, u-pick pumpkin patches, and more!
These beautiful orchards and farms offer u-pick apples, and many also include additional family attractions like games and hayrides! Learn more about these pick your own fruit farms and make plans to visit your favorites during the beautiful fall harvest season.
As fruit availability varies depending on factors including weather, overall season yield, and customer farm attendance, be sure to contact each farm in advance of your trip to confirm their hours and produce availability.
NOTE: the orchards in North Georgia had to weather a late frost in April 2021, and it significantly impacted the yield at a few places. There are no u-pick apple events in 2021 at Mercier Orchards or Hillside Orchard Farms. The businesses are still open and offer great ways to have family fun (see details below).
Map of U-Pick Apple Orchards in North Ga
Use the North GA apple orchard map to find a great place to spend an autumn afternoon in the mountains.
Ellijay GA Apple Farms
Ellijay, Georgia is the “Apple Capital of Georgia” and is the most well-known area to visit for autumn apple picking. Arrive early on the weekends to get ahead of the crowds.
BJ Reece Orchards
The BJ Reece Apple Orchard in Ellijay, GA, is a u-pick apple farm that opens for the season during late August and runs through late October (with selected attractions open through late December). Enjoy family-friendly activities at BJ Reece Orchards, including apple cannons, wagon rides, pony rides, petting farm, scavenger hunt, zipline, pig races, giant slide, and more! Stock up on fresh seasonal produce and bakery items like fried pies, donuts, and loaves of bread!
Leashed dogs are permitted in the orchards.
- 2021 u-pick and Family Fun Activities run through October 31
- U-pick schedule: posted online with apple varieties available
BJ Reece Orchards Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (706) 276-3048
- Address: 9131 Highway 52 East, Ellijay, GA
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: reeceorchards.com
BJ Reece Orchards Reviews
- Facebook: BJ Reece Orchards is rated 4.7 with 575+ reviews and 20,975+ likes
- TripAdvisor: BJ Reece Orchards is rated 4.5 with 150+ reviews
Hillcrest Orchards and Farms
The Hillcrest Apple Orchard GA provides lots of unique autumn farm experiences for families — including the south’s first Apple Tree Maze (open on select weekends)!
Visit during their annual apple picking festival in Georgia — the “Apple Pickin’ Jubilee.” This festival happens during September and October weekends for u-pick apples, live music, cow milking, swimming pig races, kiddie corn maze, wagon rides, petting farm, and more. Enjoy farm-produced products, including apples, pies, fritters, donuts, jams and jellies, cider, and other gourmet foods.
- Hours: seasonal/open during September, October, and November
Hillcrest Orchards and Farms Contact Info
- Phone: (706) 273-3838
- Address: 9696 Highway 52 E, Ellijay, GA
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: hillcrestorchards.net
Hillcrest Orchards and Farms Reviews
- Facebook: Hillcrest Orchards and Farms is rated 4.6 with 625+ reviews and 17,950+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Hillcrest Orchards and Farms is rated 3.5 with 125+ reviews
Last ticket is sold at 3:30 pm each day.
R&A Orchards Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (706) 273-3821
- Address: 5505 Highway 52 East, Ellijay, GA
- Website: randaorchards.com
R&A Orchards Reviews
- Facebook: R&A Orchards is rated 4.8 with 300+ reviews and 17,925+ likes
- TripAdvisor: R&A Orchards is rated 4.5 with 20+ reviews
Red Apple Barn
Spend a fun day picking your own apples, pumpkins, and flowers at the farm at Red Apple Barn in Ellijay, GA. Enjoy the gorgeous mountain scenery on a wagon ride behind the tractor up to the apple orchard. When you finish in the orchard, be sure to retreat back to the Red Apple Barn to enjoy a pie, fritter, a cup of cold cider, or one of the other freshly made local treats.
Take your time and enjoy the “Family Fun Barn” while playing a friendly game of cornhole or horseshoes after apple picking in Ellijay, Georgia, at Red Apple Barn.
- Hours (Store): 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (Monday-Saturday) and 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Sunday)
- Hours (u-pick): Open seasonally and posts picking dates for specific fruits online
Red Apple Barn Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (770) 635-5898
- Address: 3379 Tails Creek Rd, Ellijay, GA
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: redapplebarn.com
Red Apple Barn Reviews
- Facebook: Red Apple Barn is rated 5.0 with 150+ reviews and 10,625+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Red Apple Barn is rated 4.0 with 45+ reviews
McCaysville GA Apple Orchards
Visit this orchard near the state line for u-pick apples and other unique orchard events.
Deep Roots Orchard
Enjoy a variety of festivals, workshops, and classes throughout the year and enjoy a relaxing day of u-pick apples during September and October. Visit the old apple barn (now an herbal apothecary) and purchase home-baked treats from Mae’s kitchen.
Visit the website to learn how you can take part in unique orchard events like group wagon rides, movie nights, picnics, unique storytelling options, yoga classes, and more.
Deep Roots Orchard Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (706) 492-7753
- Address: 2984 Mobile Road, McCaysville, GA
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: rootsorchard.com
Deep Roots Orchard Reviews
- Facebook: Deep Roots Orchard is rated 4.8 with 15+ reviews and 2,750+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Deep Roots Orchard is rated 4.5
Blue Ridge GA Apple Orchards
The Blue Ridge area has two great apple orchards open for u-pick events during the fall harvest.
Due to the late April 2021 frost, there will be no u-pick apple events at Mercier Orchards in 2021. Guests may still walk around the orchard on the weekends and pick one (1) apple each.
Please continue reading to learn about the other ways to have fun at this scenic mountain orchard while the apple u-pick is on hold.
Mercier Orchards is the place for apples in Blue Ridge, GA. This 300-acre orchard features apples plus blueberries, cherries, strawberries, and more. Find the perfect pumpkin for fall decorations in the u-pick pumpkin patch. The family-friendly destination opens early and invites you to visit the bakery, shop in the market, enjoy catch-and-release fishing in their on-site ponds, and sample hard ciders and fruit wines in the tasting room!
Live music performances on Saturdays and Sundays from 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm.
Mercier Orchards Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (800) 361-7731
- Farm Address: 8660 Blue Ridge Drive, Blue Ridge, GA
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: mercier-orchards.com
Mercier Orchards Reviews
- Facebook: Mercier Orchards is rated 4.8 with 2,675+ reviews and 87,375+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Mercier Orchards is rated 4.5 with 2,425+ reviews
Lakemont GA Apple Orchards
For those staying closer to the eastern border of North Georgia, consider visiting this apple orchard near the Lake Burton and Lake Rabun areas.
Hillside Orchard Farms
Unfortunately, due to cold weather in April, the u-pick apple season at Hillside Orchard Farms is canceled for 2021.
Hillside Orchard Farms hopes to have a crop in the u-pick orchard in 2022. Previous years have included u-pick options for grapes and beans as well. Stay tuned for the next u-pick events at Hillside Orchard Farms.
You can still visit the scenic Hillside Orchard Farms and enjoy the Pumpkin Party Corn Maze running through the end of October 2021. Other attractions at Hillside Orchard Farms include the train, a hayride, a herd of nanny goats, Festus the Donkey, an indoor gem mine, plus a show performed by Miner Jim and Donkey.
Hillside Orchard Farms Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (706) 782-2776
- Address: 18 Sorghum Mill Drive, Lakemont, GA
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: hillsideorchard.com
Hillside Orchard Farms Reviews
- Facebook: Hillside Orchard Farms is rated 4.6 with 175+ reviews and 6,900+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Hillside Orchard Farms is rated 4.5 with 50+ reviews
Make sure you feel prepared with these products that will make your harvest adventure even more memorable!
Lodging Near the North GA Apple Orchards
Be sure to plan ahead and book lodging in advance for peak harvest and festival weekends in the autumn. Enter your travel dates in the interactive map below to find great lodging near Ellijay, Ga, the “Apple Capital of Georgia.”
Which North Georgia farms or events look the most interesting to you?