Horseback Riding in the Georgia Mountains
Enjoy an afternoon in the Georgia mountains with a guided horseback trail ride. There are great options to choose from in all corners of North Georgia. Choose a standard trail ride or a unique option that goes by a moonshine still or a miniature animal farm!
Find horseback riding options for riders of all skill levels and ages from the North Georgia stables below.
Horseback Riding in North Georgia
There are a lot of great places to try horseback riding in North Georgia. Check out great options from these local stables.
Horseback Riding in Blairsville
Trackrock Stables is located on 250+ acres in the mountains outside of Blairsville and offers guided trail rides that are either 1-hour or 2-hours long. They also offer weeklong “Horse Camps” to provide boys and girls a complete hands-on experience with horses and riding.
Contact & Visit Trackrock Stables
- Phone: +1 (706) 745-5252
- Address: 202 Trackrock Camp Rd, Blairsville, GA (note that it is recommended to follow directions on their website instead of mapping to the address)
- Website: trackrock.com/trail-rides
- TripAdvisor: Trackrock Stables
- Ranked #1 Outdoor Activity in Blairsville
- Rated 5.0 with 200+ reviews
Horseback Riding in Blue Ridge
Visit Appalachian Trail Rides for a variety of horseback riding options on private wooded land with creek crossings. Pony rides are available for kids 5 and under (up to 50 pounds).
Contact & Visit Appalachian Trail Rides at S&T Stables
- Phone: +1 (706) 374-0362
- Address: 4100 Cutcane Road, Mineral Bluff, GA
- Website: appalachiantrailrides.com
- TripAdvisor: Appalachian Trial Rides
- Ranked #1 Thing to Do in Mineral Bluff
- Rated 5.0 with 80+ reviews
Take a guided trail ride on a 1-hour, 1.5-hour, or 2-hour horseback ride along beautiful streams while going up and down the mountainside. Riders must be at least 8 years old. Gem mining and fishing are available during the Spring season.
Contact & Visit Blue Ridge Mountain Trail Rides
- Phone: +1 (706) 408-7433
- Address: 319 Hell’s Hollow Road, Blue Ridge, GA
- It is recommended to follow Waze, Google maps, or the directions on their website instead of other systems
- Website: blueridgemountaintrailrides.com
- TripAdvisor: Blue Ridge Mountain Trail Rides
- Rated 5.0 with 180+ reviews
Choose from a variety of horseback rides from a 35-minute novice ride to a 3-hour valley river ride (6 creek crossings!).
Contact & Visit Cowgirl Up Stables
- Phone: +1 (706) 258-2276
- Address: 327 Cashes Valley Rd, Cherry Log, GA
- It is recommended to follow the directions on their website instead of other systems
- Website: cowgirlupstables.com
- TripAdvisor: Cowgirl Up Stables
Horseback Riding in Clarkesville
Sunburst Stables provides unique horseback riding options like the option to visit an old moonshine still, a visit to a miniature animal farm, or a sunset ride with a light meal.
Contact & Visit Sunburst Stables
- Phone: +1 (706) 947-7433
- Address: 251 Sunburst Lane, Clarkesville, GA
- Website: sunburststables.com/horsebackriding
- TripAdvisor: Sunburst Adventures
- Ranked #1 Outdoor Activity in Clarkesville
- Rated 5.0 with 650+ reviews
Horseback Riding in Dahlonega
The Gold City Corral & Carriage Co is located in Dahlonega within walking distance of the Forrest Hills Resort. Guests can book their horseback riding adventures at the front desk or with their group coordinator. Guided horseback rides of either 1-hour or 2-hours are available, and experienced riders can schedule half-day rides. Other unique options include hayrides, carriage rides, and chuckwagon dinners.
Contact & Visit Gold City Corral & Carriage Company
- Phone: +1 (706) 867-9395
- Address: 49 Forrest Hills Rd., Dahlonega, GA
- Website: goldcitycorral.com
This location offers self-guided trail rides for $40 / hour per horse. Children and adults of all ages are welcome.
Contact & Visit Sunny Farms North
- Phone: +1 (706) 867-9167
- Address: Long Branch Road, Dahlonega, GA
- Website: sunnyfarmsnorth.com
Horseback Riding in Dillard
Dillard House Stables offers a variety of horseback riding options for beginners through advanced riders. Schedule your choice of scenic farm ride or an exciting river ride that goes through the Little Tennessee River (1/2 of the ride is in the water!). Additionally, when availability allows, a 30-minute ride can be scheduled for a quick horseback ride.
Contact & Visit Dillard House Stables
- Address: 768 Franklin St, Dillard, GA
- Website: dillardhousestables.com
- Phone: +1 (706) 746-2038
Horseback Riding in Sautee Nacoochee
The 1-hour guided 3-mile trail wanders through the Sautee Nacoochee Valley and encounters the Chattahoochee River for 1.5 miles. During the summer months, the ride dips down into the “Hooch” for a refreshing river ride!
Contact & Visit Chattahoochee Stables
- Phone: +1 (706) 878-7000
- Address: 2180 Highway 17, Sautee, GA
- Website: chattahoocheestables.com
Horseback Riding in Young Harris
The horseback riding programs at Brasstown Valley include guided trail rides (1-hour or 2-hour rides) and western riding lessons. Perfect for individuals or as a unique team-building exercise.
Reservations are required and horseback programs are available by appointment only.
Contact & Visit Brasstown Valley Stables
- Phone: +1 (706) 379-9900
- Address: 6321 US Hwy 76, Young Harris, GA
- Website: brasstownvalley.com/stables
Which stable and horseback riding experience looks the most perfect for your group?
Please pin, share, and comment!