The mountains are home to many different species of animals that you may be able to spot while enjoying the natural beauty of Georgia’s parks.
However, if you don’t want to leave cool animal sightings up to chance, there are also many animal-themed attractions in the mountains! Enjoy these zoos, parks, and even some vineyards for a chance to see the animals up close!
ANIMALS & ZOOS
- Amicalola Deer Park, Dawsonville, GA
- Weekdays: appointment required
- Saturday: 11am – 5pm
- Sunday: CLOSED
- Chestatee Wildlife Preserve & Zoo, 469 Old Dahlonega Highway, Dahlonega, GA
- Open daily 10am-4pm
- $10 Adults, $5 children
- Lasso the Moon Alpaca Farm, 106 Agape Dr, Blairsville, GA
- Appointment required
- North Georgia Zoo & Paradise Valley Farm 2912 Paradise Valley Rd, Cleveland, GA
- Wet Pets, 1085 Mountain Cove Rd, Dahlonega, GA – imported Japanese koi and pond products for sale
- THU – MON: 1:00pm – 6:00pm (March 15 – November 1)
- TUE – WED: CLOSED
- Winter: call 706-865-7190 for appointment
BONUS: These vineyards also have some fun animals that live on site!
- Cavender Creek includes their animal mascots on their labels (dogs, chickens, & donkeys)
- Crane Creek Vineyards has guinea hens and beautiful free range chickens
- Fainting Goat Vineyards & Winery has fainting goats (of course!)
- Frogtown Cellars has a beautiful koi pond
- Paradise Hills has goats in a yard next to their tasting room