Gem Mining Attractions in North Georgia
For a memorable, family-friendly outing in the Georgia mountains, consider a trip to try gem mining in North GA.
These Georgia gemstone mining attractions have everything you’ll need to find one-of-a-kind treasures that you can keep for a lifetime. Test your luck at these popular North Georgia gem mining locations and find a wide variety of gems that may soon become your favorite souvenirs!
Enjoy this fun pastime while searching for valuable gems, including rubies, emeralds, sapphires, amethysts, garnets, topaz, citrine, peridot, and much more!
North Georgia Gem Mining Attractions
Gem mining in Georgia is a fun, family activity that includes the potential to find valuable gems! These local gem mines and attractions offer a unique way to explore Georgia while searching for sparkly treasures that you can keep.
North Georgia Gem Mining and Gold Exhibits
In addition to gold and gem panning, these popular Dahlonega gem mining attractions also include educational gold mining exhibits. Pan for gold, pan for gemstones, and learn more about the history of gold and mining in North Georgia at these top-rated attractions.
The Consolidated Mine is also listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Phone: +1 (706) 864-8473
- Address: 185 Consolidated Gold Mine Rd, Dahlonega, GA
- Website: consolidatedgoldmine.com
- Facebook: Consolidated Gold Mine is rated 4.9 with 750+ reviews and 8,950+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Consolidated Gold Mine is rated 4.5 with 1,175+ reviews
- Ranked #1 for Things to Do in Dahlonega
Another great option for gem mining in Dahlonega GA is the Crisson Gold Mine. Enjoy gem grubbing plus additional attractions, including gold panning and wagon rides. Bring a lunch to enjoy from the picnic tables next to the Crisson mine.
- Phone: +1 (706) 864-6363
- Address: 2736 Morrison Moore Parkway E, Dahlonega, GA
- Website: crissongoldmine.com
- Facebook: Crisson Gold Mine is rated 5.0 with 350+ reviews and 4,600+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Crisson Gold Mine is rated 4.5 with 425+ reviews
North Georgia Gem Mining and Gold Attractions
These North GA gem grubbing attractions allow visitors to purchase pre-filled buckets of gems and gold. Take your bucket to their panning and sifting areas to search for treasures in your bucket.
Aska Mining Company is located on the Toccoa River in Blue Ridge and offers gold panning, gem mining, a gift shop, and more. The ASKA Mining Company is veteran-owned and offers a 10% discount for active and retired veterans, first responders, and law enforcement officers.
- Phone: +1 (706) 258-4854
- Address: 8436 Aska Road, Blue Ridge, GA
- Website: askaminingcompany.com
- Facebook: Aska Mining Company is rated 5.0 with 50+ reviews and 875+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Aska Mining Company is rated 5.0 with 25+ reviews
Pan for gold and gems at this Sautee Nacoochee mine and shop for local treats in the gift shop. All panning tables are covered to help keep you comfortable in any weather. The gold is mined locally from nearby Dukes Creek, the site of the first major Gold Rush in the USA.
Choose from unique activities, including panning for gold, mining for gems, mining for fossils, or breaking a geode!
- Phone: +1 (706) 878-2625
- Address: 6145 GA-75, Sautee Nacoochee, GA
- Website: dukescreek.com
- Facebook: Dukes Creek Gold and Ruby Mines is rated 5.0 with 25+ reviews and 1,200+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Dukes Creek Gold & Ruby Mines is rated 4.5 with 125+ reviews
- Ranked #1 for Sights and Landmarks in Helen
Search for treasure in your choice of buckets of gemstones, buckets of gold, or buckets of fossils at this centrally located attraction on South Main Street in Helen.
- Phone: +1 (706) 878-5065
- Address: 7901 South Main Street, Helen, GA
- Website: outpostgoldandgems.com
- Facebook: Outpost Gold & Gem Panning, Gift Shop, and Jewelry Store is rated 5.0 with 375+ reviews and 1,800+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Outpost Gold and Gem is rated 4.5 with 100+ reviews
Talking Rock General features exciting ways to test your luck from gemstone mining, gold panning sluice, and a fossil dig area. Top the fun with the on-site gift shop’s ice cream or other treats.
- Phone: +1 (706) 253-4367
- Address: 5119 Hwy 136 W, Talking Rock, GA
- Website: talkingrockgeneral.com
- Facebook: Talking Rock General is rated 4.8 with 25+ reviews and 1,425+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Talking Rock General is rated 4.5 with 5+ reviews
- Ranked #1 for Shopping in Talking Rock
Gold N Gem Grubbin previously offered a unique place on-site to hunt for gems, but this mining location is CURRENTLY CLOSED. Buckets of gold, bags of gemstones, and mining equipment are available for purchase from their online store only.
- Phone: +1 (706) 865-5454
- Website: goldngemgrubbin.com
North Georgia Gem Mining Attractions
The North Georgia attractions offer gem mining plus additional family-friendly activities, including mini-golf, fishing, and feeding goats!
Cohutta Cove Mini Golf offers gem mining, miniature golf, ice cream, coffees, and drinks.
- Phone: +1 (706) 946-1920
- Address: 64 Dunbarton Farm Road, Blue Ridge, GA
- Website: cohuttacoveminigolf.com
- Facebook: Cohutta Cove Mini Golf and Gem Mining is rated 4.7 with 50+ reviews and 2,175+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Cohutta Cove Mini Golf & Gem Mining is rated 4.5 with 50+ reviews
Goats on the Roof GA is a roadside tourist attraction that features goats that walk up ramps, around play areas, and on the roofs of the buildings (of course)! Let the kids feed the goats, enjoy the small playground area, and try their luck at Goats on the Roof gem mining.
The gift shop features goat-themed products, local souvenirs, and snacks.
- Phone: +1 (706) 782-2784
- Address: 3026 U.S. 441 South, Tiger, GA
- Website: goats-on-the-roof.com
- Facebook: Goats on the Roof is rated 4.9 with 550+ reviews and 27,375+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Goats on the Roof is rated 4.5 with 250+ reviews
- Ranked #1 for Things to Do in Tiger
The Lilly Pad Village offers gem mining, mini-golf, and fishing. Free decks and picnic tables are available for guests. They take pride in being the “most generous, comfortable, and educational gem mining experience in Blue Ridge.”
- Phone: +1 (706) 534-1317
- Address: 24 Adelaide Drive, Blue Ridge, GA
- Website: lillypadvillage.com
- Facebook: The Lilly Pad Village is rated 4.8 with 125+ reviews and 3,725+ likes
- TripAdvisor: The Lilly Pad Village is rated 4.5 with 275+ reviews
Which North Georgia gem mines look the most fun for your group? What gems have you found on your gemstone mining adventures?
To learn more about treasure hunting in North Georgia, visit the post about Panning for Gold in North Georgia.