Places to Enjoy Local Meads in North Georgia
North Georgia is home to lots of great ways to support local agriculture, including a handful of great local meaderies. Read to learn more about where you can find honey-based meads made locally in North Ga.
Quick Article Navigation:
Local Meads in North Georgia
Mead is a honey-based alcoholic beverage that has been made for millennia and referred to as the “nectar of the gods” by the ancient Greeks.
This classic, old-world beverage receives modern treatments that combine with local flavors to craft a wide variety of unique, local North Georgia meads. Visit the on-site tasting rooms for a mead tasting flight or for a bottle of mead.
Map of Local Meads in North Georgia
This interactive map can help you locate the perfect “meadery near me” in North Georgia. Learn “who sells mead near me” when visiting the mountains, or click the top left icon on the map to toggle the menu and view additional attractions along with the honey mead for sale (cider houses and vineyard wineries).
Meaderies in North Georgia
These local meaderies are dedicated to producing quality meads and offer a great selection to enjoy. Learn more about where buy honey mead with the descriptions below.
Located in the heart of Georgia’s wine country in Dahlonega, Etowah Meadery gives local “wine” a unique buzz! Visit the website for the current list of bottled mead and sparkling mead then visit the tasting room to purchase a glass, bottle, or try a tasting flight (4 x 1 oz pours) at this North Georgia meadery.
Beer lovers will enjoy that there is no need to pick a winner in a “mead vs beer” debate! The Etowah Meadery shares space with Dahlonega Brewery and offer a nice variety of local craft beers. Light snacks are available in the tasting room (Boar’s Head snacks, meat, and cheese). Dogs are welcome at Etowah Meadery. Discounts are available for active and retired military (15% off with ID) and local Dahlonega residents (10% off with local ID).
Etowah Meadery is dog-friendly and open Wednesdays through Sundays. Live music on weekends.
- Call: +1 (706) 864-6323
- Address: 3003 Morrison Moore Pkwy East, Dahlonega, GA
- Website: etowahmeadery.com
- Facebook: Etowah Meadery & Dahlonega Brewery is rated 4.4 with 450+ reviews and 4,900+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Etowah Meadery is rated 4.5 with 25+ reviews
- Untappd: Etowah Meadery is rated 3.8 with 2,500+ reviews
Visit the Tesnatee River Winery and Meadery to enjoy the farm-to-table fresh experience! Try a mead-tasting flight to find your new favorite mead drink while enjoying a complimentary bread basket. Purchase charcuterie plates and other snacks to enjoy on-site or pick up local treats to take home for later. Search for the queen bee in the in-store display.
Open daily for your convenience. Leashed dogs are welcome.
- Call: +1 (706) 352-5488
- Address: 172 Lloyds Honey Farm Road, Cleveland GA
- Website: tesnateeriverwineryandmeadery.business.site
- Facebook: Tesnatee River Winery and Meadery is rated 5.0 with 25+ reviews and 1,250+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Tesnatee River Winery & Meadery
Additional Places for Mead in North GA
Although these locations do not specialize in producing mead, they frequently offer one or two types of mead on their tasting menus. Call or check online to learn more about current selections available at these popular North Georgia destinations.
JumpinGoat is worth a visit just for the scenery alone, but this Cleveland destination also offers freshly roasted coffee and a mead-tasting counter featuring meads from Southern Origin Meadery in Canon, GA. Pick up a coffee to start your day, or switch into vacation mode with a selection of baked goods, beer, wine, and mead cocktails.
The Cleveland location is open daily for your convenience. The outdoor areas and enclosed patio are dog-friendly (there is even a fenced dog park on-site). Plus, enjoy live music every Saturday afternoon!
Contact the JumpinGoat Cleveland location with additional questions or to learn more about current specials.
- Phone: +1 (706) 219-3854
- Address: 2404 Helen Highway, Cleveland, GA
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: jumpingoatcoffeeroasters.com
- Facebook: JumpinGoat Coffee Roasters & Tasting Room Cleveland is rated 4.2 with 575+ reviews and 5,100+ followers
- Yelp: JumpinGoat Coffee Roasters & Tasting Room is rated 4.2 with 45+ reviews
Mercier Orchards in Blue Ridge is primarily known for their market, hard ciders, and U-pick fruit events, but they also often have meads on tap available. During a November 2022 visit, all mead in the tasting room was from Etowah Meadery.
This family-friendly destination opens early every day and invites you to shop at the market and sample the drinks. The primary market and bakery are open daily, while the farm cafe is open from Saturday to Monday. Mercier Orchards is closed on holidays. Note that the Mercier Orchards store in downtown Blue Ridge closed in 2020.
- Call: +1 (800) 361-7731
- Address: 8660 Blue Ridge Drive, Blue Ridge, Georgia
- Website: mercier-orchards.com
- Facebook: Mercier Orchards is rated 4.8 with 5,200+ reviews and 99,000+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Mercier Orchards is rated 4.5 with 2,500+ reviews
- Untappd: Mercier Orchards is rated 3.6 with 4,800+ ratings
A beautiful gem with a Tuscan feel in the Georgia Mountains is Montaluce Winery and Restaurant, a short drive north of Dahlonega square. The gourmet restaurant has panoramic vineyard views and is a great place to enjoy the sunset. On-site lodging is available in Tuscan-style villas. Tesla charging stations are available for patrons.
Depending on the year, they may have bottles of Montaluce mead available. Call for more details, or purchase online (shipping only available to Georgia and Florida).
- Call: +1 (706) 867-4060
- Address: 501 Hightower Church Road, Dahlonega, GA
- Website: montaluce.com
- Facebook: Montaluce Winery and Restaurant is rated 4.6 with 675+ reviews and 26,350+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Montaluce Winery & Restaurant is rated 4.0 with 625+ reviews
- BeeCraft Mead Company in Dawsonville closed its tasting room in Spring 2020
- Waldmet Cellars in Jasper closed permanently in December 2022
Thank you for saving and sharing this article!
Visit these articles to learn more about other types of locally produced alcoholic beverages:
- North Georgia – Breweries and Beer
- North Georgia – Craft Cider
- North Georgia – Distilleries and Spirits
- North Georgia – Vineyards and Wineries