Lavender Farms in the North Georgia Mountains
In recent years, North Georgia’s agritourism industry has grown tremendously and produces much more than Georgia’s nickname “The Peach State” implies. Make plans to visit these lavender farms in Georgia and learn more about this versatile plant!
Not only are the lavender fields in Georgia beautiful and fragrant, but they also provide the local lavender that goes into countless natural products. You can purchase lavender plants and lavender products from their gift shops either on-site or online. Be sure to try culinary lavender in all kinds of great recipes and cocktails too!
Quick Article Navigation:
Map of Lavender Farms in North Georgia
Browse the interactive map to find a great place to enjoy lavender in North Georgia.
Lavender Farms in the North Georgia Mountains
These beautiful spaces offer a great way to enjoy and appreciate the innovation and dedication of North Georgia’s lavender farmers.
Red Oak Lavender Farm in Dahlonega
Red Oak Lavender Farm is family-owned and the largest lavender farm in Georgia that is open to the public. Located at the foothills of the North Georgia Mountains in Dahlonega, the farm grows 15 different varieties of lavender that grow in different stages to allow for a longer harvest season. Additionally, the farm added flower gardens in 2021, including hundreds of blooming alliums, dahlias, sunflowers, zinnias, and more! Red Oak Lavender Farm also hosts special events, including wine glass painting, u-pick events, and classes for cultivating and using lavender plants in jewelry, skincare, and home decor.
There is no fee to visit the shop, but there may be a parking fee during peak season to walk around the plants and take non-professional photos. Note that this does not include picking any lavender. Guests may only pick lavender with a pre-paid ticket during the harvest.
When to Visit Red Oak Lavender Farm
The peak lavender season is June and offers the most blooms plus special treats like lavender ice cream. Updates are posted on Facebook to share what types of lavender are currently available. Although June is the peak lavender season, the wide variety of plant types means there are also blooms in July through the early Fall, depending on the weather.
No dogs or pets are allowed (except for service animals). Professional photographers must make a reservation and pay a fee to use the fields. Regular business hours are Wednesday – Sunday. Note that the farm is closed on Mondays, Tuesdays, on holidays, and during winter months of January and February.
Red Oak Lavender Farm Contact Info
- Call: +1 (706) 974-8230
- Address: 2882 Red Oak Flats Road, Dahlonega, GA
- Email: RedOakLavender@gmail.com
- Website: redoaklavender.com
Red Oak Lavender Farm Reviews
Follow Red Oak Lavender Farm’s social media accounts to stay informed about special events at the farm!
- Facebook: Red Oak Lavender Farm has 14,000+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Red Oak Lavender Farm is rated 3.5 with 50+ reviews
Lavender Lamb Farm in Cleveland
Lavender Lamb Farm is located in Cleveland, Georgia, and is open to the public on Saturdays from April through November. Hours are extended in June when the lavender is at its peak. Professional photographers are welcome by appointment.
Bring your camera for stunning photo opportunities featuring blooming lavender fields and beautiful mountain views. Stop in the gift shop to purchase lavender plants and handmade lavender products, including soaps, sprays, lip balms, body lotions, shampoo, candles, and more! For something extra special, visit the farm during a festival or special event. Previous events have included a Spring Fling Open House in April, Lavender in the Mountains Farm Day in June, and Christmas Open House in December.
Lavender Lamb Farm Contact Info
- Call: +1 (706) 865-0510
- Address: 176 Bugle Drive, Cleveland, GA
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: lavenderlambfarm.com
Lavender Lamb Farm Reviews
Follow the Lavender Lamb Farm social media accounts to stay informed about special events and classes at the farm!
- Facebook: Lavender Lamb Farm is rated 4.5 with 50+ reviews and 7,600+ Likes
- Instagram: Lavender Lamb Farm has 250+ followers
- TripAdvisor: Lavender Lamb Farm is rated 5.0
The Lavender Cottage & Garden in Sautee Nacoochee
Although The Lavender Cottage & Garden is not a lavender farm destination, this local gift boutique includes a lavender garden to enjoy before or after you shop for natural lavender gifts. Pick up some culinary lavender and make your own creations with culinary lavender recipes for cookies, lemonade, and lavender cocktails.
The boutique is open Thursday – Tuesday (closed on Wednesdays) and offers unique lavender products, specialty gifts, and goods from local artisans. Enjoy the amazing scent of lavender either outside in the garden or fully immersed in lavender throughout the entire gift shop!
The Lavender Cottage & Garden Contact Info
- Call: +1 (706) 878-0100
- Address: 53 GA-255 N, Sautee Nacoochee, GA
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: shop.thelavendercottageandgarden.com
The Lavender Cottage & Garden Reviews
Follow The Lavender Cottage & Garden on social media to stay informed about special events, including the Lavender Fest annual event in June!
- Facebook: The Lavender Cottage & Garden is rated 4.4 with 50+ reviews and 3,800+ likes
- TripAdvisor: The Lavender Cottage & Garden is rated 5.0 with 100+ reviews
- Ranked #1 for Shopping in Sautee Nacoochee
Tips for Visiting Lavender Farms
When you visit North Georgia’s lavender farms, keep these things in mind to ensure that everyone has a great experience.
- Respect the hard work of the farmers by staying on designated pathways
- Do not pick any plants without first obtaining permission
- Leave pets at home – edible culinary lavender must not be damaged or contaminated with pet waste
- Be aware of the seasonality of the plants at the farm – June is the main harvest time when plants will show off their signature purple blooms
- Wear comfortable shoes with good traction that are appropriate for walking through hilly lavender fields
- Dress for the weather – even though these farms are located in the mountains, it can get hot and humid in the Summer months
- Do not wear scented products that could compete with the scent at the lavender farm
More Information on Lavender Plants
There are many ways to enjoy lavender plants and their amazing fragrance, flavor, and beauty. Dried lavender can stay fragrant for years (a quick squeeze refreshes the bouquet’s fragrance), and culinary lavender adds unique flavor to foods and beverages. Learn more with a great book on this versatile herb.
- Growing Lavender Plants – Purchase a lavender plant at one of Georgia’s lavender farms and follow cultivation tips for successful plants in best-selling books
- Cooking with Lavender – Enjoy this unique herb in your favorite foods and drinks with a great lavender recipe book
- Crafting with Lavender – Enjoy lavender’s beauty and therapeutic qualities with crafting inspiration from highly-rated books
Which North Georgia lavender farms are you planning to visit? Visit these articles for more information on where you can support North Georgia agritourism: