Places to Enjoy Local Meads and Ciders in the Georgia Mountains
There are so many fantastic wineries, breweries, and distilleries in Georgia that you may not even be aware that there are 2 other alcoholic beverages gaining traction: meads (made from honey) and hard ciders (fruit-based)!
Check out these places for a unique taste of the Georgia mountains!
Local Meads and Ciders in the Georgia Mountains
There are a few local places where you are able to sample unique ciders and meads made locally in the Georgia mountains. Use the map below to find the closest location and plan a great trip with your friends and family.
Map of Local Meads and Ciders in North Georgia
This interactive map can help you locate the local meadery or cider house that is located closest to you.
Etowah Meadery (Dahlonega)
Located in Dahlonega at the very heart of Georgia’s wine country, Etowah Meadery gives local “wine” a unique buzz! Visit the “On Tap Now” page to see the current mead list. Purchase a bottle or try a tasting flight (4 x 1 oz pours).
Light snacks are available in the tasting room (Boar’s Head snacks, meat, and cheese). Dogs are welcome at Etowah Meadery. Discounts are available for active and retired military (15% off with ID) and for local Dahlonega residents (10% off with local ID).
Etowah Meadery Hours
Etowah Meadery is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays, but welcomes your visits the rest of the week!
- WED: 2:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- THU: 2:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- FRI: 11:00 am – 10:00 pm
- SAT: 11:00 am – 10:00 pm
- SUN: 11:00 am – 7:00 pm
Etowah Meadery Contact Info
- Call: +1 (706) 864-6323
- Address: 3003 Morrison Moore Pkwy East, Dahlonega, GA
- Website: EtowahMeadery.com
Etowah Meadery Reviews
- Facebook: Etowah Meadery is rated 5.0 with 100+ reviews and 3,950+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Etowah Meadery is rated 4.5 with 20+ reviews
- Untappd: Etowah Meadery is rated 3.7 with 1,850+ reviews
Mercier Orchards (Blue Ridge)
Mercier Orchards in Blue Ridge is known for their U-pick events and hard ciders. The family business has been in Blue Ridge for 4 generations — they recently celebrated 75 years of operation! For the full orchard experience, visit the original farm location at 8660 Blue Ridge Drive.
This family-friendly destination is open early and invites you to dine at their cafe, pick your own fruit, try the adventure/obstacle course, enjoy catch-and-release fishing in their pond, and of course to sample their hard ciders and fruit wines!
Mercier Orchards Hours
The main market and bakery are open daily while the farm cafe is open Friday – Monday. Mercier Orchards is closed on holidays.
- Market and Bakery
- Open daily from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Cafe at The Farm
- MON: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- FRI: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- SAT: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- SUN: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Note that there used to be a Mercier Orchards store in downtown Blue Ridge, but that location closed in 2020.
Mercier Orchards Contact Info
- Call: +1 (800) 361-7731
- Address: 8660 Blue Ridge Drive, Blue Ridge, Georgia
- Website: mercier-orchards.com
Mercier Orchards Reviews
- Facebook: Mercier Orchards is rated 4.8 with 2,675+ reviews and 82,950+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Mercier Orchards is rated 4.5 with 2,400+ reviews
- Untappd: Mercier Orchards is rated 3.6 with 4,100+ ratings
Montaluce Winery and Restaurant (Dahlonega)
A beautiful gem with a Tuscan feel in the Georgia Mountains is Montaluce Winery and Restaurant, a short drive north of the Dahlonega square. This is a GaMountainsGuide favorite for its classic elegance and ability to transport you to an old-world feeling of Tuscany. The gourmet restaurant has panoramic vineyard views and is a great place to enjoy the sunset. On-site lodging is available in Tuscan-style villas. Tesla charging stations available for patrons.
Currently selling a raspberry mead at $36 / bottle… which they say is less honey-oriented. Call for more details, or purchase online (shipping only available to Georgia and Florida).
NOTE that Montaluce Winery and Restaurant is not included on the map above under the “MEAD” category (Montaluce is listed under the “WINE” category instead).
Montaluce Vineyards Contact Info
- Call: +1 (706) 867-4060
- Address: 501 Hightower Church Road, Dahlonega, GA
- GPS: 34.5683255,-84.0643647
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: Montaluce.com
Montaluce Vineyards Reviews
- Facebook: Montaluce Winery and Restaurant has 24,500+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Montaluce Winery & Restaurant is rated 4.0 with 575+ reviews
- UNTAPPD: Montaluce Winery is rated 3.6 with 15+ reviews
Tesnatee River Winery and Meadery (Cleveland)
Visit the Tesnatee River Winery and Meadery to enjoy the farm-to-table fresh experience! Try a mead-tasting flight to find your new favorite drinks while enjoying a complimentary bread basket. Purchase charcuterie plates and other snacks to enjoy on-site or pick up local treats to take home for later.
Open daily for your convenience. Leashed dogs are welcome.
Tesnatee River Winery and Meadery Contact Info
- Call: +1 (706) 352-5488
- Address: 172 Lloyds Honey Farm Road, Cleveland GA
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: tesnateeriverwineryandmeadery.business.site
Tesnatee River Winery and Meadery Reviews
- Facebook: Tesnatee River Winery and Meadery is rated 5.0 with 20+ reviews and 1,050+ likes
- Untappd: Tesnatee River Winery & Meadery
Waldmet Cellars (Jasper)
North Georgia’s newest meadery produces mead, cider, wine, plus a few additional great drinks and treats.
Waldmet Cellars Contact Info
- Call: +1 (678) 743-1773
- Address: 916 Old Philadelphia Road, Jasper GA
- stay tuned for a new nearby location in Fall 2021
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: waldmet.com
Waldmet Cellars Reviews
- Facebook: Waldmet Cellars is rated 5.0 with 20+ reviews and 1,400+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Waldmet Cellars is rated 5.0
- Untappd: Waldmet Cellars
Note that the BeeCraft Mead Company in Dawsonville closed its tasting room in Spring 2020.
Which of these unique Georgia mountain destinations is first on your list to visit?