There are so many fantastic wineries, breweries, and distilleries in Georgia that you may not even be aware that there are 2 other alcoholic beverages gaining traction: meads (made from honey) and hard ciders (fruit based)!
Check out these places for a unique taste of the Georgia mountains!
Meads and Ciders in the North Georgia Mountains
Etowah Meadery (Dahlonega)
Located in Dahlonega, the very Heart of Georgia’s Wine Country and Wine Tasting Capital of Georgia, Etowah Meadery gives “wine” a unique buzz!
Visit the “On Tap Now” page to see the current mead list. Light snacks are available in the tasting room (Boar’s Head snacks, meat, and cheese). Purchase a bottle or try a tasting flight (4 x 1 oz pours).
- Military (active & retired): 15% off with ID
- Dahlonega: 10% off with local ID
- Saturday 11:00 am – 7 pm
- Sunday 12:30 pm – 7 pm
CONTACT and VISIT
- 3003 Morrison Moore Pkwy East, Dahlonega, GA
- (706) 864-6323
- Website: Etowah Meadery
- Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, TripAdvisor, Yelp
A beautiful gem with a Tuscan feel in the Georgia Mountains is Montaluce Winery and Restaurant, a short drive north of the Dahlonega square. This is a GaMountainsGuide favorite for it’s classic elegance and ability to transport you to an old world feeling of Tuscany. The gourmet restaurant has panoramic vineyard views and is a great place to enjoy the sunset. On-site lodging is available in Tuscan-style villas. Tesla charging stations available for patrons.
Currently selling a raspberry mead at $36 / bottle… which they say is less honey-oriented. Call for more details, or purchase online (shipping only available to Georgia and Florida).
CONTACT & VISIT: Montaluce Vineyards
- MAIN: +1 (706) 867-4060
- ADDRESS: 501 Hightower Church Road, Dahlonega, GA
- GPS COORDINATES: (34.5683255,-84.0643647)
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEBSITE: Montaluce.com
REVIEWS & SOCIAL MEDIA
- FACEBOOK: @Montaluce Rated 4.6 (625+ Facebook reviews), 12,700+ Likes
- Google+: +MontaluceWineryEstates
- INSTAGRAM: @Montaluce 2,300+ Followers
- TripAdvisor: Rated 4.0 (400+ TripAdvisor reviews)
- TWITTER: @MontaluceWinery 1,000+ Followers
- YELP: Rated 3.5 (170+ YELP reviews)
- YouTube Channel: Montaluce
BeeCraft Mead Company (Dawsonville)
Located in Dawsonville, this company is next to the big outlet mall / shops. Seven different types of mead for your enjoyment!
- Friday 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
- Saturday 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Sunday 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
CONTACT and VISIT
- 30 Industrial Park Rd #114, Dawsonville, GA 30534
- Website: BeeCraft
- Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TripAdvisor
Mercier Orchards (Blue Ridge)
Mercier Orchards in Blue Ridge is known for their U-pick events and hard ciders. The family business has been in Blue Ridge for 4 generations — they recently celebrated 75 years of operation! They have a downtown Blue Ridge store where you can find their products at 260 West Main Street, but for the full orchard experience you should visit the original farm location at 8660 Blue Ridge Drive.
This family-friendy destination is open early and invites you to dine at their cafe, pick your own fruit, try the adventure / obstacle course, enjoy catch-and-release fishing in their pond, and of course to sample their hard ciders and fruit wines!
HOURS (subject to change)
- Farm is open 7 days a week from 7:00am – 6:00pm
- Tasting flights are $10 each in the store:
- Monday – Saturday 11:00am – 6:00pm
- Sunday 12:30pm – 6:00pm
- Closed New Years Day, Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas
CONTACT and VISIT
- 8660 Blue Ridge Drive, Blue Ridge, Georgia
- Website: Mercier Orchards
- Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, TripAdvisor, Yelp
Which of these unique Georgia mountain desitnations is first on your list to visit?