Poole’s Bar-B-Q in East Ellijay, GA
Col. Poole’s Bar-B-Q is a southern roadside barbecue joint that you can’t help but notice as you drive by. This Ellijay restaurant features a bright yellow and red building and is prominently located along GA-515.
The restaurant also includes a unique “Pig Hill of Fame” – a hill behind the restaurant that is covered with hundreds of painted wooden pigs!
Poole’s Bar-B-Q in Ellijay
In addition to the Pig Hill of Fame, there are many pig puns scattered throughout the property (pig-a-boo, pig-moby-il, taj-ma-hog, etc).
The tasty “bar-b-q” (with a choice of 6 sauces) and sides are served on styrofoam plates with disposable utensils. Indoor and outdoor seating is available. Brace yourself for very heavy republican politics – the owner is a very active member of the republican party and the walls and tables are literally covered with GOP memorabilia.
Poole’s Bar-B-Q Hours
Poole’s Bar-B-Q is open for the extended weekend only (Friday – Sunday). Hours may be subject to change. Call the restaurant before making your trip to ensure they will be open for your visit – their Facebook page mentions past closings for holidays and inclement weather.
- MON: CLOSED
- TUE: CLOSED
- WED: CLOSED
- THU: CLOSED
- FRI: 11:00 am – 7:00 pm
- SAT: 11:00 am – 7:00 pm
- SUN: 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
Poole’s Bar-B-Q Cost
Expect to find filling servings of southern favorites at this Ellijay BBQ. The cost of menu items is subject to change without notice.
- Bar-B-Q sandwiches start at $5.49 and come with a choice of sauces
- Carolina tangy
- Kickin’ Korea
- Col. Poole’s Orignal Recipe BBQ
- Col. Poole’s Sweet BBQ
- A variety of southern staples are available for side items
- Brunswick stew
- Mac and cheese
- Corn on the cob
- Green beans
- BBQ beans
- Fried okra
- Cole slaw
- Potato salad
- Desserts include classic favorites
- Fried pies (apple, peach, or blackberry)
- Fudge (chocolate or peanut butter)
- Banana pudding
- No beer or other alcohol is available
Col. Poole’s Orignal and Sweet BBQ Sauces may also be purchased to take home – get a quart for $6.49 or a pint for $3.49.
Poole’s BBQ Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (706) 635-4100
- Address: 164 Craig Street, East Ellijay, GA
- GPS: 34.679513, -84.475874
- Website: poolesbarbq.com
Poole’s Bar-B-Q Reviews
Learn about recent opinions from guests from online reviews of Poole’s Bar-B-Q.
- Facebook: Poole’s Bar-B-Q is rated 4.8 with 25+ reviews and 250+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Poole’s Bar-B-Q reviews can be found on 2 accounts
- YELP: Poole’s Bar-B-Q is rated 4.0 with 150+ reviews
Explore other great options in North Georgia: