Cabin Rentals in the Georgia Mountains
There are a lot of great, scenic cabins for rent in Georgia’s Blue Ridge Mountains.
The rental cabins in North Georgia include locations that are both scenic and can range in size from “tiny homes” to mansions. Enjoy the clean air, rocking chair decks with mountain views, modern amenities, and a gorgeous, natural locations.
Renting a cabin for your vacation is an exciting way to experience the mountains from a more natural setting than a city or town center. There are many homes available that are large enough to host your extended family! Modern amenities and fun extras including entertainment like pool tables, hot tubs, board games, video games, and more.
Choosing a Cabin in the Georgia Mountains
When deciding on a cabin, be sure to understand that each house is very different and each rental management company is very different. Carefully review the rental terms to make sure you understand the specifics and all charges applicable to your rental.
Note that it is very common for mountain cabin rentals to require:
- More than a 1 night minimum stay
- Cleaning fees added to the final bill
Other things to consider in a cabin rental include:
- Does the unit have a log-burning fireplace?
- Can it be used any time of year?
- Are seasoned firewood and firestarters included?
- Does the unit have an outdoor hot tub / jacuzzi?
- Are there scenic long-range views (preferably facing West to see sunset)?
- Which floor is the master bedroom on?
- How many bedrooms / bathrooms?
- How challenging is the drive (one lane road, paved road, unmarked roads, etc)?
- Is it generally driveable if it snows?
- Will there be cell phone reception (which providers)?
- What are check-in / check-out times and procedures?
- Can GPS / google maps generally navigate to the cabin?
- Is it pet friendly?
- What types of pets are allowed?
- What are the fees for pets?
Reserving a Cabin in the Mountains
Once you know what you want in a cabin you can start your search for a great place! The websites below will have all the relevant details (including photos), but you may save time by calling the Cabin Rental Groups and asking them for their availability and help with your reservation.
Georgia Mountains Cabin Rental Groups
These groups manage a small group of cabins and will have someone in an office dedicated to helping guests with pre-stay questions or any requests during your stay.
- Above the Rest Cabins, Morganton, GA
- Above the Rest is a personal favorite for their log cabins with hot tubs and mountain sunset views
- Mountain Top Cabin Rentals, Blue Ridge, GA
- Cuddle Up Cabin Rentals
- Black Bear Cabin Rentals
- Morning Breeze Cabin Rentals, Blue Ridge (pets stay free)
- Escape to Blue Ridge, Blue Ridge
- Mountain Laurel Cabin Rentals, Blue Ridge
- Crossrock Cabin Rentals, Blue Ridge, GA
- Southern Comfort Cabin Rentals, Blue Ridge, GA
- JP Ridgeland Luxury Cabin Rentals, Blue Ridge, GA
- Enchanted Mountain Retreats
North Georgia Cabin Rentals by Owner
These resources let you rent an available space directly from the owner. These websites offer a wide variety of lodging options from full cabins, to treehouses, to an affordable single room in a shared house. Quality can vary greatly between properties! Be sure to check reviews and understand exactly what is included with your reservation.
Definitely consider these for your next visit as they can often offer some of the most interesting rentals in an area — in fact, some VRBO lakefront rentals can include their own boat!
Unique Cabin Rentals in the Georgia Mountains
No matter what kind of relaxing vacation cabin you are looking for, you can probably find it in the Georgia mountains. Choose from one-of-a-kind lodging like:
- historic log cabins from the 1800’s
- lakefront properties that include a boat rental
- creek front cabin that includes a private island
- 7,000 sqft cabin on stocked lake with chickens, ducks, and mini goats
Make sure to pack snacks for your weekend and include everything you’ll need to make fresh s’mores while cozying up outside (or inside) next to the fire!
What do you have to have in your cabin rentals?