Restaurants in Hiawassee and Young Harris, GA
The adjacent towns of Hiawassee & Young Harris offer easy access to Lake Chatuge and a number of great (and scenic!) places to go out to eat. Try these local restaurants and support the local Georgia mountain economy.
Restaurants in Hiawassee
The towns of Hiawassee & Young Harris offer easy access to Lake Chatuge and a number of great places to eat.
Enjoy waterfront dining and specials including Happy Hour on Wednesdays (get 50% off appetizers, house liquor, and more) and Brunch on Sundays! The Oaks Lakeside Kitchen is located on site at the Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge in the Hiawassee / Young Harris area and offers some of the best views of the mountains and Lake Chatuge.
For your convenience the menus are posted at the front door and available online:
- Breakfast and Lunch
- Dinner (not available on Mondays & Tuesdays)
- To Go Menu makes it easy to spend the day on the lake
Visit the restaurant online at theoakslakesidekitchen.com or find more information below.
- Located at 3499 US Highway 76, Hiawassee, GA
- Call +1 (706) 896-4141 for more details or make reservations online via OpenTable
Marina Station is located on the water at Lake Chatuge and is a comfortable, relaxing, newly renovated space with over 40 feet of bar service and plenty of TVs to watch your favorite team. There are four garage doors that open onto the deck, to allow unimpeded views of the surrounding natural beauty of the lake and mountains. The downstairs patio offers a walk-up bar, yard games and plenty of space to stretch your legs and enjoy the band. Arrive via bike, car, or by boat! Open Wed – Sun at 11:00 a.m.
- Located at 3399 US Highway 76, Hiawassee, GA
- Call (706) 896-2262 for more details or visit Marina Station Lake Chatuge online
This barbecue joint is located directly on the lake, but it is surrounded by parking and landscaping which obstructs the lake views a bit. The best views of the lake and mountains are available on the patio when the weather is agreeable.
- Located at 625 US-76, Hiawassee, GA
- Call (706) 896-3200 for more details or visit Hawg Wild BBQ and Catfish House online
This property has a narrow view of Lake Chatuge and the Blue Ridge Mountains from its patio. Multiple types of barbecue sauce on the table to please those who want spicy, vinegary (is that a word??), or sweet barbecue sauces. Enjoy the sandwiches and platters with generous portions of side items. Only open select days of the week. Call for hours.
- Located at 1586 U.S. 76 W, Hiawassee, GA
- Call (706) 896-0012 for more details or visit The Happy Hawg online
This casual Mexican restaurant is across the street from Lake Chatuge, but close enough to enjoy the scenic lake views. Outdoor seating is available to take advantage of great weather and the beautiful views.
- Located at 3360 Highway 76, Hiawassee, GA
- Call (706) 896-7677 for more details or visit El Cancun online
This spot is across the street from Lake Chatuge but still offers plenty of lake and mountain views. The menu is mainly typical bar food with wings, pizza, and sandwiches. The sand “beach” out front is a lively spot with live music every Friday and Saturday night.
- Located at 3288 Dogwood Ln, Hiawassee, GA
- Call (828) 371-4718 for more details or visit Sand Bar & Grille online
These 2 restaurants share a building across the street from Lake Chatuge but offer different styles of dining.
Moondance is casual and offers happy hour specials, kids’ dance parties on select nights, weekly entertainment, and pet-friendly outdoor seating. Eclipse is newly opened with a fine dining menu including a 45 day aged, 40oz Tomahawk steak.
- Both are located at 3295 Dogwood Lane, Hiawassee, GA
- Call (706) 435-0502 for details or visit Moondance Grill online
- Call (706) 435-0502 for details or visit Eclipse Fine Dining online
Restaurants in Young Harris
Young Harris also has a handful of great local restaurants with a variety of dining options.
The Brothers at Willow Ranch restaurant takes pride in serving the best steaks, seafood, chicken, and BBQ in the area. Signature items include Certified USDA Choice Black Angus Beef, local Mountain Trout, and Sweet Carolina Chicken. You bring the appetite, they’ll provide the southern hospitality!
- Rated 4.5 and currently the #1 restaurant in Young Harris on TripAdvisor
- Located at 6223 Highway 76 West, Young Harris, GA
- Call (706) 379-1272 for more details
Southern cooking available for breakfast, lunch, and supper!
- Rated 4.5 and currently the #2 restaurant in Young Harris on TripAdvisor
- Located at 1615 State Highway 17, Young Harris, GA
- Call (706) 896-1048 for more details
From appetizers and steaks to seafood platters and pizzas, visit Enrico’s Italian Restaurant for mouthwatering Italian dishes. Call to learn more about our early bird and nightly specials.
- Located at 687 Main St, Ste 5, Young Harris, GA
- Call (706) 379-1950 for more details (including reservations or takeout orders)
Visit the restaurant at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa for its fine meals, lavish buffets, and friendly service. There are two (2) distinctive dining settings and two (2) outdoor pavilions to choose from at Brasstown Valley Resort!
The resort’s Dining Room is known far and wide for its picturesque mountain views, which complement its outstanding meals and service. It’s equally famous for its Friday Evening Seafood Buffets and Sunday brunches offered at affordable prices in a comfortable restaurant. Located next to the lobby, choose to enjoy your breakfast, lunch, or dinner near a cozy fireplace or out on the mountain-view veranda.
For more casual dining visit our 19th hole, Brassies Grill for a relaxing lunch, quick afternoon snack, or cozy fireside dinner. This is also a great place for a friendly game of pool, darts, or catching the big event of the day on the big-screen TV.
The Fireside Lounge and veranda is the perfect location for cocktails and conversations next to a crackling fire or under the stars.
- Room service is available for resort guests during select hours
- Located at Highway 76, Young Harris, GA
- Call (706) or (800) 201-3205 for more details
OpenTable Reservations in the Georgia Mountains
OpenTable Reservations are available at The Oaks Lakeside Kitchen in Hiawassee and also at these other fine Georgia mountain restaurants:
- Beechwood Inn in Clayton
- The Bistro at Frogtown Cellars in Dahlonega
- Caledonia Room at Valhalla Resort Hotel in Helen
- Dahlonega Resort and Vineyard Restaurant in Dahlonega
- Fortify Kitchen and Bar in Clayton
- Glen-Ella Springs Restaurant in Clarkesville
- Lake Rabun Hotel and Restaurant in Lakemont
Learn more about great dining options in North Georgia: