Restaurants in Hiawassee and Young Harris, GA
The adjacent towns of Hiawassee and Young Harris offer easy access to Lake Chatuge and a number of great (and scenic!) places to go out to eat.
Try these unique local restaurants and support the local Georgia mountain economy.
Map of Restaurants in the Hiawassee & Young Harris Areas
Use this interactive map to find a great place in North Georgia to enjoy a meal.
Restaurants in Hiawassee and Young Harris
Restaurants in Hiawassee, GA
The towns of Hiawassee & Young Harris offer easy access to Lake Chatuge and a number of great places to eat.
The Oaks Lakeside Kitchen
Enjoy waterfront dining and specials including Happy Hour on Wednesdays (get 50% off appetizers, house liquor, and more) and Brunch on Sundays! The Oaks Lakeside Kitchen is located on site at the Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge in the Hiawassee / Young Harris area and offers some of the best views of the mountains and Lake Chatuge.
For your convenience the menus are posted at the front door and available online:
- Breakfast and Lunch
- Dinner (not available on Mondays & Tuesdays)
- To Go Menu makes it easy to spend the day on the lake
The Oaks Lakeside Kitchen Contact Info
- Call: +1 (706) 896-2262
- Location: 3499 US Highway 76, Hiawassee, GA
- GPS: 34.970139, -83.818804
- Website: theoakslakesidekitchen.com
- Make reservations online via OpenTable
The Oaks Lakeside Kitchen Reviews
- Facebook: The Oaks Lakeside Kitchen is rated 4.8 with 15+ reviews and 736+ likes
- TripAdvisor: The Oaks Lakeside Kitchen is rated 4 with 300+ reviews
Marina Station Lake Chatuge
Marina Station is located on the water at Lake Chatuge and is a comfortable, relaxing, newly renovated space with over 40 feet of bar service and plenty of TVs to watch your favorite team. There are four garage doors that open onto the deck, to allow unimpeded views of the surrounding natural beauty of the lake and mountains. The downstairs patio offers a walk-up bar, yard games and plenty of space to stretch your legs and enjoy the band. Arrive via bike, car, or by boat! Open Wed – Sun at 11:00 a.m.
Marina Station Lake Chatuge Contact Info
- Call: +1 (706) 896-2262
- Location: 3399 US Highway 76, Hiawassee, GA
- GPS: 34.9687184, -83.8177014
- Website: theridgesresort.com/marina-station
Marina Station Lake Chatuge Reviews
- Facebook: Marina Station Lake Chatuge is rated 4.3 with 150+ reviews and 3500+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Marina Station Lake Chatuge is rated 3.5 with 60+ reviews
Hawg Wild BBQ and Catfish House
This barbecue joint is located directly on the lake, but it is surrounded by parking and landscaping which obstructs the lake views a bit. The best views of the lake and mountains are available on the patio when the weather is agreeable.
Hawg Wild BBQ and Catfish House Contact Info
- Call: +1 (706) 896-3200
- Location: 625 US Highway 76, Hiawassee, GA
- GPS: 34.9640724, -83.7693387
- Website: hawgwildbbqhiawassee.com
Hawg Wild BBQ and Catfish House Reviews
- Facebook: Hawg Wild BBQ and Catfish House is rated 4.3 with 225+ reviews and 1850+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Hawg Wild BBQ and Catfish House is rated 4 with 275+ reviews
The Happy Hawg
This property has a narrow view of Lake Chatuge and the Blue Ridge Mountains from its patio. Multiple types of barbecue sauce on the table to please those who want spicy, vinegary (is that a word??), or sweet barbecue sauces. Enjoy the sandwiches and platters with generous portions of side items. Only open select days of the week. Call for hours.
The Happy Hawg Contact Info
- Call: +1 (706) 896-0012
- Location: 1586 Highway 76 West, Hiawassee, GA
- GPS: 34.9655153, -83.7846638
- Website: facebook.com/TheHappyHawg
The Happy Hawg Reviews
- Facebook: The Happy Hawg is rated 5 with 10+ reviews and 2025+ likes
- TripAdvisor: The Happy Hawg is rated 4.5 with 400+ reviews
- Ranked #1 for Restaurants in Hiawassee
This casual Mexican restaurant is across the street from Lake Chatuge, but close enough to enjoy the scenic lake views. Outdoor seating is available to take advantage of great weather and beautiful views.
El Cancun Contact Info
- Call: +1 (706) 896-7677
- Location: 3360 Highway 76, Hiawassee, GA
- GPS: 34.9679612, -83.8170579
El Cancun Reviews
- Facebook: El Cancun is rated 5 with 50+ reviews and 325+ likes
- TripAdvisor: El Cancun is rated 3.5 with 125+ reviews
Sand Bar & Grille
This spot is across the street from Lake Chatuge but still offers plenty of lake and mountain views. The menu is mainly typical bar food with wings, pizza, and sandwiches. The sand “beach” out front is a lively spot with live music every Friday and Saturday night.
Sand Bar & Grille Contact Info
- Call: +1 (706) 970-3771
- Location: 3288 Dogwood Lane, Hiawassee, GA
- GPS: 34.9672029, -83.8155137
Sand Bar & Grille Reviews
- Facebook: Sand Bar & Grille is rated 5 with 375+ reviews and 7575+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Sand Bar & Grille is rated 4 with 40+ reviews
Eclipse Fine Dining
These 2 restaurants share a building across the street from Lake Chatuge but offer different styles of dining.
Moondance is casual and offers happy hour specials, kids’ dance parties on select nights, weekly entertainment, and pet-friendly outdoor seating. Eclipse is newly opened with a fine dining menu including a 45 day aged, 40oz Tomahawk steak.
Eclipse Fine Dining Contact Info
- Call: +1 (706) 435-0502
- Location: 3295 Dogwood Lane, Hiawassee, GA
- GPS: 34.9675414, -83.8158117
Eclipse Fine Dining Reviews
- Facebook: Eclipse Fine Dining is rated 4.8 with 20+ reviews and 1200+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Eclipse Fine Dining is rated 4.5 with 20+ reviews
Restaurants in Young Harris, GA
Young Harris also has a handful of great local restaurants with a variety of dining options.
Brothers at Willow Ranch
The Brothers at Willow Ranch restaurant takes pride in serving the best steaks, seafood, chicken, and BBQ in the area. Signature items include Certified USDA Choice Black Angus Beef, local Mountain Trout, and Sweet Carolina Chicken. You bring the appetite, they’ll provide the southern hospitality!
Brothers at Willow Ranch Contact Info
- Call: 706-379-1272
- Location: 6223 Highway 76 West, Young Harris, GA
- GPS: 34.9571975999999, -83.8461729
- Website: brothersatwillowranch.com
Brothers at Willow Ranch Reviews
- Facebook: Brothers at Willow Ranch is rated 5 with 350+ reviews and 4,300+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Brothers at Willow Ranch is rated 4.5 with 700+ reviews
- Ranked #1 for Restaurants in Young Harris
Mary’s Southern Grill
Visit Mary’s in Young Harris for Southern-style cooking for breakfast, lunch, and supper!
Mary’s Southern Grill Contact Info
- Call: 706-896-1048
- Location: 1615 State Highway 17, Young Harris, GA
- GPS: 34.9720629, -83.826456
Mary’s Southern Grill Reviews
- Facebook: Mary’s Southern Grill is rated 5 with 175+ reviews and 2,400+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Mary’s Southern Grill is rated 4.5 with 375+ reviews
Enrico’s Italian Restaurant
From appetizers and steaks to seafood platters and pizzas, visit Enrico’s Italian Restaurant for mouthwatering Italian dishes. Call to learn more about our early bird and nightly specials.
Enrico’s Italian Restaurant Contact Info
- Call: +1 (706) 379-1950
- Location: 687 Main St, Ste 5, Young Harris, GA
- GPS: 34.9400229, -83.8495937
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: enricositalianrestaurant.com
Enrico’s Italian Restaurant Reviews
- Facebook: Enrico’s Italian Restaurant is rated 5 with 75+ reviews and 1,400+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Enrico’s Italian Restaurant is rated 4.5 with 300+ reviews
Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa Restaurant
Visit the restaurant at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa for its fine meals, lavish buffets, and friendly service. There are two (2) distinctive dining settings and two (2) outdoor pavilions to choose from at Brasstown Valley Resort!
The resort’s Dining Room is known far and wide for its picturesque mountain views, which complement its outstanding meals and service. It’s equally famous for its Friday Evening Seafood Buffets and Sunday brunches offered at affordable prices in a comfortable restaurant. Located next to the lobby, choose to enjoy your breakfast, lunch, or dinner near a cozy fireplace or out on the mountain-view veranda.
For more casual dining visit our 19th hole, Brassies Grill for a relaxing lunch, quick afternoon snack, or cozy fireside dinner. This is also a great place for a friendly game of pool, darts, or catching the big event of the day on the big-screen TV.
The Fireside Lounge and veranda is the perfect location for cocktails and conversations next to a crackling fire or under the stars. Room service is available for resort guests during select hours.
Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa Restaurant Contact Info
- Call: +1 (800) 201-3205
- Location: 6321 US-76, Young Harris, GA
- GPS: 34.95322, -83.843324
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: brasstownvalley.com
Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa Restaurant Reviews
- Facebook: Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa Restaurant is rated 4.6 with 500+ reviews and 19,500+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa Restaurant is rated 4.0 with 300+ reviews
Learn more about other great dining options in North Georgia:
I found this article very useful as I don’t joke with my belly a bit. I love eating but I don’t do it stupidly anyways. I love the nice soft and spicy taste of barbeque (BBQ) and I found from this article that I can get this from Brothers at Willow Ranch. I’m very much interested in this particular restaurant as they do offer some of my favourite.
The south is definitely known for offering plenty of BBQ places. Individual preferences can make all the difference in what you find to be your favorite BBQ (and sauce is boss!), so it’s great if you’re able to check out a couple to find your personal favorites. Enjoy the great restaurants in the North Georgia mountains!!
The Hawg BBQ and catfish house sounds great! I would love to check it out next time I’m in the area! It looks really cool I love the location right on the lake. I will also have to go to the sand bar and grill I’ll have to go on a Friday or Saturday so I can see the live music.
Those are both great restaurant options for a casual meal with a great view! I hope you enjoy the mountain air and unique restaurants int he Hiawassee and Young Harris areas!