2592 Old 441 S, Tiger, GA (Northeastern area)
Tiger Mountain Vineyards, a small boutique North Georgia winery, is located in between the towns of Tiger and Cleveland. They cultivate all of their own grapes and produce all of their handcrafted wines in the mountains of Rabun County. They were named “Best Vinifera in Georgia / Winery of Distinction” for the 2017 Georgia Trustees Wine Challenge.
The Tiger Mountain Vineyards Tasting Room is located inside an industrial-style building with purple shutters and yellow awnings. The main parking area is across the street from the Tasting Room, and involves crossing the highway. Note that there is some parking behind the tasting room if you are fortunate enough to find a spot. While the old Red Barn (located behind the Tasting Room) offers beautiful vineyard and mountain views, there are, unfortunately, no scenic views available during your wine tasting.
It’s generally okay to bring your well-behaved, leashed dog, but note that there might not be much room for them on busy weekend days.
- MON: CLOSED
- TUE: CLOSED
- WED: CLOSED
- THU: 1:00pm – 5:00pm
- FRI: 1:00pm – 5:00pm
- SAT: 11:00am – 5:00pm
- SUN: 1:00pm – 5:00pm
- SEASONAL HOURS: Starting April 30, the tasting room is open daily (and until 6pm on Saturday)
- Other times by appointment: 706-782-4777
- $10 for a tasting flight of 8 wines (Semi-Dry to Dry)
- Gourmet cheeses available
- $17 – $40 Bottles of Wine
DINING: The Red Barn Café (Seasonal)
- The Red Barn Café, an indoor/outdoor facility open for lunch and dinner on weekends (May – November)
- Monthly gourmet dinners and wine pairings with renowned visiting chefs (starts in May)
- Sunday Brunch Available
- Friday dinners start June 1
WINE CLUB & DISCOUNTS
Join the Tigerwine Tasters wine club by purchasing one case of wine (12 bottles) at the winery and agreeing to purchase a second case within a year. The second case may be purchased in increments (within one year of the initial case purchase). Wines may be mixed and matched on purchases (including the initial case).
- 20% discount on all wine (no minimum purchase)
- Discount may be extended to guests when the member is present at the winery
- No wine tasting fees for members and their guests
- Invitation to member-exclusive Awakening of the Vines event each Spring featuring a gourmet picnic, the Feed and Seed Marching Abominables, and the burning of the winter prunings. Guests may be included.
- Invitation to member-exclusive Harvest Party each Fall featuring a gourmet picnic, grape picking, barrel tastings, and live music. Guests may be included.
- Tigerwine Tasters receive preferential notification of new wine releases, events, and specials at the winery
- Vineyard Wedding Venue – Red Barn Café hosts weddings, receptions, birthday celebrations, business or art workshops, and more.
- features a full kitchen, restrooms, dining room, stone patio with fire pit, and spectacular vineyard and mountain views.
- Spring through Fall
- Ideal for weddings of 50 to 125 people
- Can accommodate up to 200 with tent adjacent to barn
- All Tiger Mountain Vineyards events are catered by Red Barn Chef David Sweeney
- Tiger Mountain was invited to participate for the 10th time in the annual High Museum Wine Auction on 3/22/2018 (tasting) and 3/24/2018 (Vintners’ Reception)
- April 14, 2018 (11:30 to 2:30): The last of the casual Red Barn Lunch Series
- Southern-style fare by Leslee Pennington including fried pickles, macaroni and cheese bites, beef and pork sliders, fried chicken and waffles, soups and Leslee’s house-made desserts (cheerwine donuts or peanut butter ice cream)
- Wine, beer, iced tea – complimentary hot mulled wine around the firepit
- Guitarist Mike Chaet entertains
- Reservations 706-782-4777
- April 28, 2018: GRAND OPENING of RED BARN for 2018 SEASON
- Two glasses of wine for the price of one!
- Gourmet Fare plus Old-Fashioned Southern Specials by Caterer / Culinary Expert Leslee Pennington
- Live music
- Sunday brunches start April 29, 2018
- Visit website for list of current events
CONTACT & VISIT: Tiger Mountain Vineyards
- MAIN: +1 (706) 782-4777
- ADDRESS: 2592 Old 441 S, Tiger, GA
- GPS COORDINATES: (34.8558175,-83.4294853)
- EMAIL: email@example.com
- WEBSITE: TigerWine.com
REVIEWS & SOCIAL MEDIA
- FACEBOOK: @TigerMountainsVineyards Rated 4.6 (150+ Facebook reviews), 3400+ Likes
- INSTAGRAM: @TigerMountainVineyards 50+ Followers
- TripAdvisor: Rated 4.5 (80+ TripAdvisor reviews)
- TWITTER: @TMVgeorgia 400+ Followers
- YELP: Rated 3.5 (20+ YELP reviews)
Visit the Vineyard & Wineries page for a Map of the vineyard options available in the Georgia Mountains!