Kayak, Canoe, and Paddleboard Rentals in North Georgia
North Georgia is home to many beautiful waterways that are begging to be explored in a quiet setting on a small boat. Take advantage of these rental locations and have an easy day of fun on the mountain rivers and lakes!
Kayak, Canoe, and Paddleboard Rentals in North Georgia
No matter whether you prefer kayaks, funyaks, canoes, or stand-up paddleboards (SUPs), the mountains of North Georgia have something for everyone!
Map of North GA Kayak, Canoe, and Paddleboard Rentals
Use this interactive map to find a great place to rent a non-motorized boat for your next trip to North Georgia!
Kayak, Canoe, and Paddleboard Rentals in Blairsville
North Georgia Watersports
No matter what kind of lake fun you are looking for, North Georgia Watersports at Lake Nottely should have you covered. Reserve a kayak, tandem kayak, or canoe for a quiet day on the lake. For a more speedy Lake Nottely adventure, reserve a half-day or full-day rental of a cruiser pontoon, watersports pontoon, jet ski, or double-decker boats with a slide!
Contact North Georgia Watersports
- Call: +1 (706) 835-1222
- Address: 1733 Murphy Hwy, Blairsville, GA
- Website: northgeorgiawatersports.com
Nottely Boat Club and Marina
Rentals of jet skis and motorized boats plus rentals of canoes, kayaks, and paddleboards on Lake Nottely in North Georgia. Seasonal dining at The Cove and live music on weekends.
Nottely Boat Club & Marina Contact Info
- Call: +1 (706) 897-9499
- Location: 6036 State Hwy 325, Blairsville, GA
- Email: NottelyBoatClubMarina@gmail.com
- Website: coolestplaceingeorgia.com
Nottely Boat Club & Marina Reviews
- Facebook: Nottely Boat Club & Marina is rated 4.9 with 25+ reviews and 1,600+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Nottely Boat Club & Marina is rated 5.0
- Ranked #1 for Boat Tours & Water Sports in Blairsville
Rent jet skis and pontoons or paddle equipment including canoes, tandem canoes, kayaks, tandem kayaks, and paddleboards. Available for rent by the hour, day, or week!
Contact Nottely Marina
- Call: +1 (706) 745-3638
- Closed on Tuesdays
- Address: 86 Doucette Circle, Blairsville, GA
- Website: nottelymarinainc.com
Nottely Marina Reviews
- Facebook: Nottely Marina is rated 5 with 73+ reviews and 1383+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Nottely Marina is rated 5.0
Vogel State Park
Rent bikes, kayaks, paddleboards, pedal boats, and aquacycles to take out on the 22-acre Lake Trahlyta at Vogel State Park. Swim at the sand beach during warm months and enjoy fishing, geocaching, hiking, mini-golf, and more.
Vogel State Park Contact Info
- Park: +1 (706) 745-2628
- Address: 405 Vogel State Park Road, Blairsville, GA
- Website: gastateparks.org/Vogel
Vogel State Park Reviews
- Facebook: Vogel State Park is rated 4.9 with 25+ reviews and 3,575+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Vogel State Park is rated 4.5
Kayak, Canoe, and Paddleboard Rentals in Blue Ridge
Blue Ridge Mountain Kayaking
Enjoy this 6-mile guided or unguided kayak rental on the lower Toccoa River. Kayaking lessons are available for beginners and a 12-mile trip may be available for experienced kayakers.
Advance payments are by credit card only and in-person/day-of purchases are cash only. Discounts are available to Military Personnel, Police Officers, Fire Fighters, Nurses, and Search and Rescue Teams.
Blue Ridge Mountain Kayaking Contact Info
Note that this business is seasonal, and hours should be confirmed before your trip.
- Call: +1 (706) 258-2411
- Address: 56 North River Road, Mineral Bluff, GA
- Website: blueridgemountainkayaking.com
Blue Ridge Mountain Kayaking Reviews
- TripAdvisor: Blue Ridge Mountain Kayaking is rated 4.5
Lake Blue Ridge MarinaRent your choice of single or double boat for 2 hours at Lake Blue Ridge. Choose from canoes, kayaks, and paddleboards. Half-day or full-day rentals of pontoon boats also available.
Contact Lake Blue Ridge Marina
- Call: +1 (706) 632-2618
- Closed on Mondays
- Address: 335 Marina Drive, Blue Ridge, GA
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: lakeblueridgemarina.com
Lake Blue Ridge Marina Reviews
- Facebook: Lake Blue Ridge Marina is rated 4.8 with 75+ reviews and 4,350+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Lake Blue Ridge Marina is rated 5
Lake Blue Ridge OutfittersRent or purchase your kayak and accessory items at Lake Blue Ridge Outfitters in Morganton. River rentals are available for fishing and boat delivery may be available for an additional fee.
Rent or purchase kayaks and paddleboards for a relaxing day on Lake Blue Ridge or a nearby river! The outfitter also carries PFD’s, paddles, kayak trailers, car racks, tubes, kayak boat engines, and more.
Lake Blue Ridge Outfitters Contact Info
Note that this business is seasonal, and hours should be confirmed during the off-season.
- Call: +1 (706) 900-4004
- Text: +1 (706) 633-0143
- Address: 26 Bypass Road, Morganton, GA
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: lakeblueridgeoutfitters.com
Lake Blue Ridge Outfitters Reviews
- Facebook: Lake Blue Ridge Outfitters is rated 4.8 with 25+ reviews and 725+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Lake Blue Ridge Outfitters is rated 5.0
The Paddle Zone
Enjoy a hassle-free trip on the Toccoa River with a rental of a single or tandem kayak. Includes tube, paddle, and shuttle service back to start point. Add a raft for your cooler for only $10. Choose daily or weekly rentals of kayaks, paddleboards, inflatable docks, coolers, and waterproof Bluetooth speakers!
Military and First Responders receive a 5% discount on rentals. No dogs or glass containers allowed. Must be at least 6 years old.
Choose your desired trip length from Tammen or KOA to either Curtis Switch (2 hours) or McCaysville City Park (4 hours). Kayakers with their own gear may call to inquire about purchasing a ride on the scheduled shuttles.
The Paddle Zone Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (309) 635-2202
- Address: begin at Tammen Park or KOA
- Seasonal Hours: open from March 1, 2021, through November 30, 2021
- Website: bestpaddleboardkayakrentals.com
The Paddle Zone Reviews
- Facebook: The Paddle Zone is rated 5 with 10+ reviews and 1,125+ likes
- TripAdvisor: The Paddle Zone is rated 5.0
Toccoa Valley Campground
Kayak down a private 6-mile stretch of Toccoa River on a trip that takes about 2 hours (depending on water levels – call ahead to confirm that water levels can accommodate rafts and kayaks). Single or double kayaks are available for $40. You may bring your own kayak for a $10 fee for launching on TVC property (a return trip will be provided during business hours).
Toccoa Valley Campground Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (706) 838-4317
- Address: 11481 Aska Road, Blue Ridge, GA
- Website: ToccoaValleyCampground.com
In addition to camping options, other river activities/rentals at Toccoa Valley Campground include rafting and tubing.
Toccoa Valley Campground Reviews
- Facebook: Toccoa Valley Campground is rated 5.0 with 170+ reviews and 4,925+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Toccoa Valley Campground is rated 5.0
- Ranked #1 for Specialty Lodging in Blue Ridge
Kayak, Canoe, and Paddleboard Rentals in Chatsworth
Enjoy all the best of North Georgia with a stop at Fort Mountain in Chatsworth.
Fort Mountain State ParkRent different boats including Jon boats, kayaks, canoes, paddleboards, aquacycles, and pedal boats. Additional activities include biking, swimming, fishing, geocaching, horseback riding, and mini-golf.
Fort Mountain State Park Contact Info
- Call: +1 (706) 422-1932
- Location: 181 Fort Mountain Park Road, Chatsworth, GA
- Website: gastateparks.org/FortMountain
Fort Mountain State Park Reviews
- Facebook: Fort Mountain State Park is rated 4.7 with 663+ reviews and 16644+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Fort Mountain State Park is rated 4.5
- Ranked #1 for Things to Do in Chatsworth
Kayak, Canoe, and Paddleboard Rentals in Cherry Log
Jon Ron Toccoa River Outfitters
Jon Ron carries a variety of kayaks (sit on top styles to sit inside styles) that can handle various weight needs. Book a trip on the upper Toccoa for two hours — or adapt a trip to fit the amount of time that you want to spend on the river (up to a full day).
All rentals include life jackets, paddles, equipment, and shuttle between Vanzandts to Sandy Bottom (extra shuttle fee for other locations).
Jon Ron Toccoa River Outfitters Contact Info
Note that this business is seasonal, and hours should be confirmed during the off-season.
- Call: +1 (706) 838-0200
- Address: 15 Black Ankle Creek Road, Cherry Log, GA
- Website: jonrontro.com
Jon Ron Toccoa River Outfitters Reviews
- Facebook: Jon Ron Toccoa River Outfitters is rated 5 with 10+ reviews and 290+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Jon Ron Toccoa River Outfitters is rated 4.5
Kayak, Canoe, and Paddleboard Rentals in Clarkesville
Moccasin Creek State Park
Enjoy a perfect summer day with rentals of kayaks, canoes, and paddleboards or go all in and rent an entire lakehouse! Take the boats out to quiet spots and fishing for spotted bass, largemouth bass, and brown trout in Lake Burton (ask about the free Fishing Tackle Loaner Program).
Moccasin Creek State Park Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (706) 947-3194
- Address: 3655 Highway 197, Clarkesville, GA
- Website: gastateparks.org/MoccasinCreek
Moccasin Creek State Park Reviews
- Facebook: Moccasin Creek State Park has 90+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Moccasin Creek State Park is rated 4.5
Kayak, Canoe, and Paddleboard Rentals in Dahlonega
Offers canoe and kayak rentals for local rivers and canoe and kayak trips on the Lower Chestatee River, Yahoola Creek, or Etowah River. Hours are seasonal – check the website or call for details. Dogs are welcome. Tubing trips are also available at Appalachian Outfitters.
Appalachian Outfitters Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (706) 867-7117
- 2084 S Chestatee (Hwy 60), Dahlonega, GA
- 5693 Kelly Bridge Rd, Dawsonville, GA
- Website: canoegeorgia.com/canoe-and-kayaking
Appalachian Outfitters Reviews
- Facebook: Appalachian Outfitters is rated 5 with 150+ reviews and 4150+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Appalachian Outfitters is rated 4.5
- Ranked #1 for Outdoor Activities in Dahlonega
Chestatee River Adventures
Spend a hot summer afternoon on the Chestatee River on a two-and-a-half-hour kayak trip on either a single or tandem kayak. Rental includes boat, life jacket, paddle, and shuttle service! Tube float trips are also available.
Chestatee River Adventures Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (770) 540-9950
- Address: 2718 South Chestatee/Hwy 60, Dahlonega, GA
- Website: chestateeriveradventures.com/kayak-trips
Chestatee River Adventures Reviews
- Facebook: Chestatee River Adventures is rated 5.0 with 60+ reviews and 2,200+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Chestatee River Adventures is rated 5.0
Kayak, Canoe, and Paddleboard Rentals in Ellijay
Cartecay River Experience
Rent a kayak or go tubing with these outfitters based in Ellijay, GA. Daily shuttle service is provided year-round (reservations required between September and April).
Cartecay River Tubing Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (706) 889-1108
- Address: 2400 Hwy 52 East, Ellijay, GA
- Website: CartecayRiverExperience.com
Cartecay River Experience Reviews
- Facebook: Cartecay River Experience has 4,700+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Cartecay River Experience is rated 4.0
Ellijay River Outfitters
Choose either the 1-mile or 3-mile trip to fight the waves in a kayak and let Ellijay River Outfitters take care of the rest. You can bring your own equipment and park for free, but note that there is a small fee for the shuttle service. Tube floats are also available.
Ellijay River Outfitters Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (706) 889-8697
- Address: 88 Holt Bridge Rd, Ellijay, GA
- Website: TubeEllijay.com
Ellijay River Outfitters Reviews
- Facebook: Ellijay River Outfitters is rated 5 with 50+ reviews and 5,175+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Ellijay River Outfitters is rated 4.5
Kayak, Canoe, and Paddleboard Rentals in Helen
Unicoi State Park
Rent kayaks, canoes, paddleboards, and pedal boats from Fridays – Sundays (seasonal) to take out on the 53-acre Unicoi Lake.
Unicoi State Park Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (800) 573-9659
- Address: 1788 Highway 356, Helen, GA
- Website: https://www.unicoilodge.com/adventures/unicoi-beach/
Unicoi State Park Reviews
- Facebook: Unicoi State Park is rated 4.3 with 500+ reviews and 13,450+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Unicoi State Park is rated 4.5
Kayak, Canoe, and Paddleboard Rentals in Lakemont
Bear Gap Outfitters
The Lake Rabun-based Bear Gap Outfitters also provides boat rentals to Seed Lake and Lake Burton. Choose from canoes, single or tandem kayaks, and paddleboards, or rent a pontoon boat for fatter adventures. Lakefront vacation house renters can request convenient boat delivery to their dock! Discounts are available for multiple-day rentals.
Bear Gap Outfitters Contact Info
- Call: +1 (706) 782-4438
- Address: 6 Bear Gap Road, Lakemont GA
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: beargapoutfitters.com
Kayak, Canoe, and Paddleboard Rentals in McCaysville
Rolling Thunder River Company
Enjoy a 1.5-mile, 3-mile, or 6-mile trip on the Toccoa River on your choice of kayak or funyak (both available as single or double). Water levels are determined by controlled water releases by the TVA. TVA does not announce water releases in advance so it is not possible to determine the length of a trip before it starts.
Additional activities at Rolling Thunder River Company include Toccoa River tubing and Ocoee River whitewater rafting trips.
Rolling Thunder River Company Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (706) 492-5720
- Address: 20 Hughes Street, McCaysville, GA
- Website: RollingThunderRiverCo.com
Rolling Thunder River Company Reviews
- Facebook: Rolling Thunder River Company is rated 4.9 with 925+ reviews and 10,000+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Rolling Thunder River Company is rated 5.0
- Ranked #1 for Things to Do in McCaysville
Kayak, Canoe, and Paddleboard Rentals in Hiawassee & Young Harris
Boundary Waters Resort & Marina
This marina not only offers a large selection of motorized boats and jet skis but also has kayaks and SUPs (stand-up paddleboards) available to rent.
Contact Boundary Waters Resort & Marina
- Call: +1 (706) 896-2530
- Address: 107 Boundary Waters Dr, Hiawassee, GA
- Email: info@BWboating.com
- Website: boundarywatersresort.com
Boundary Waters Resort & Marina Reviews
- Facebook: Boundary Waters Resort & Marina is rated 4.7 with 100+ reviews and 2,625+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Boundary Waters Resort & Marina is rated 5.0
- Ranked #1 for Tours in Hiawassee
The Ridges Resort & Marina Boat Rentals
Paddleboards and single or double kayaks are available to rent by the hour, half-day, or full-day. The Ridges Resort & Marina also offers pontoon boat rentals, 2 types of boat tours, a seasonal waterpark, and waterfront dining!
The Ridges Resort & Marina Contact Info
- Call: +1 (706) 896-2262
- Address: 3499 US Highway 76, Young Harris, GA
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: theridgesresort.com/watercraft-rentals/
The Ridges Resort & Marina Reviews
- Facebook: The Ridges Resort & Marina is rated 4.5 with 429+ reviews and 42863+ likes
- TripAdvisor: The Ridges Resort & Marina is rated 4.0
Young Harris Watersports
Young Harris Watersports sells and rents motorized boats and jet skis along with kayaks, tandem kayaks, and SUPs (stand-up paddleboards).
Contact Young Harris Watersports
- Call: +1 (706) 896-0834
- Address: 2683 US Highway 76, Hiawassee, GA
- Website: yhwatersports.com
Young Harris Watersports Reviews
- Facebook: Young Harris Watersports is rated 4.2 with 20+ reviews and 825+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Young Harris Watersports is rated 4.5
What North Georgia places look most ideal for canoes, kayaks, and paddleboards to you?
I think that anyone interested in kayaking, canoe, and paddleboards will be thoroughly impressed by the collage of rentals you just listed. I love how you show social media reactions. You do an amazing job providing all the necessary details for location and what to expect in terms of distance and scope. Gracefully, you leave little up to the imagination and thus prove to be a reliable, dependable, and well-informed source. Also, I think that the images provided correspond to the thorough, yet smooth tone of your post. You certainly put North Georgia on the map!
Thank you so much! I hope that this information will help people find great ways to enjoy North Georgia’s natural beauty!
I just bought two kayaks for the price of one… canoe believe it?
Dad’s jokes aside, I really enjoyed your post learning where we can get in some waterfront fun by renting a kayak, paddleboat or canoe. In my book, these activities are memorable way to explore nature with our family. And at the same time get a little exercise too.
Fantastic joke! I will definitely be sharing that with the kids tonight. Thanks for the smile – you totally brightened my morning!!
Thanks for sharing your views on the Kayak, Canoe and paddleboard rentals in North Georgia. It seems water sports have been the main attraction of this place that is why there is a whole lot of attractions available in this place .paddle boards are on my wish list and I hope I will be able to do it someday .I have bookmarked your page so I can come back again .Till that time keep motivating us with more articles.
Hi Guarav, We are lucky to have lots of great lakes, rivers, and creeks to explore. I think you’ll enjoy paddleboarding when you try it — it is a lot of fun and a great way to enjoy a day on the lake!
This looks like fun, fun and more fun. This is a great overview of some water activities that one can do when visiting North Georgia. This is a very useful review, as you have put in one place a lot of available options with descriptions and helpful details so it’s easier to plan where to go and what to do. The pictures are so inviting, I wish I could go right now, but I’ll have to settle for planning something for the future.
Hi Anna, I definitely think it’s helpful to know what options you’ve got when figuring out what to explore on vacation. Hopefully, you found the perfect spot for your family to enjoy a day on the water!
Thanks for bringing us all these great options to consider.
This would be an excellent idea for our extended family to get together and have some fun. I love that all the equipment can be hired as it opens up the opportunity to everyone.
I think that we will try Vogel State Park as it has a great variety of things to do, so that there will be something for everyone. That way no one will be left out at any time. Having said that, there are a few in our party that will be more than content to just sit and watch the rest of us.
Hi Geoff, it can definitely be hard to please a whole group of personalities, but in this case, it should be manageable.
I’d recommend that you rent from a place that also has a restaurant on-site so that the sporty types can enjoy time on the water while the others enjoy the view from a restaurant or bar onshore! Some good choices would be Moccasin Creek State Park on Lake Burton and The Ridges Resort and Marina on Lake Chatuge. Enjoy!
Greetings! I can imagine the feeling of reserving a kayak, tandem kayak, or canoe for a quiet day on the lake; it’s undoubtedly amazing. I have never been to Georgia before, but having read and seen all the information and pictures you provided, North Georgia is definitely a great place to tour. It’s beautiful and unique.
Hello! It’s also nice and convenient that there are places to rent these personal watercraft on about every lake and river in the area! I hope you can visit soon and experience the R&R for yourself.