Waterfront Dining in the Georgia Mountains
While you are visiting the scenic Georgia mountains, make time to visit the best restaurants in North Georgia with scenic water and mountain views. Whether you want a fine dining experience, a casual meal, or a place that you can boat into, you can find exactly what you like at these great waterfront restaurants.
The scenic restaurants below are organized by the town that they are near. A few of them go right through town, while others are in more remote locations.
North Georgia Waterfront Dining
Many of these restaurants are only open during the busier Summer months when lake or river traffic is at its peak. Phone numbers have been provided so that you can call ahead to ensure that the restaurant is open when you want to visit.
Map of North Georgia Waterfront Restaurants
Use the interactive map and the detailed restaurant guide to find the great restaurants in North Georgia where you can enjoy scenic views of the water with a great meal!
Blue Ridge Area Waterfront Restaurants
These waterfront restaurants near the mountain town of Blue Ridge offer a great way to enjoy the water while you dine. Choose either a spot on the Toccoa River or a lively marina bar & grill on Lake Blue Ridge.
The Toccoa Riverside Restaurant / Rivers Edge Restaurant is located near Blue Ridge in the Aska Adventure Area. This restaurant on the Toccoa River is a great option, whether driving in or paddling a canoe down the river. Enjoy fresh trout, steaks, fried oysters, and a selection of salads at this tucked-away spot in the North Georgia mountains.
The outside deck and bar areaS are dog friendly – they even have a menu for “canine cuisine”.
Open Wednesday – Sunday at 11:30 a.m. (closes 9 p.m. / stays open until 9:30 p.m. on Fri – Sat). Closed Monday and Tuesday.
- Phone: +1 (706) 632-7891
- Address: 8055 Aska Road, Blue Ridge, GA
- Website: toccoariversiderestaurant.com
- TripAdvisor: Toccoa Riverside Restaurant is rated 3.5 wtih 1,175+ reviews
This casual spot on Lake Blue Ridge offers appetizers, salads, entrees, beer, wine, and cocktails. Open daily at 11 a.m. (closes 9 p.m. Sun – Thu & 10 p.m. Fri – Sat).
- Phone: +1 (706) 632-2618
- Address: 335 Marina Dr, Blue Ridge, GA
- Website: lakeblueridgemarina.com/boat-dock-bar-grill
- Facebook: Boat Dock Bar & Grill is rated 4.5 with 175+ reviews and 5,075+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Boat Dock Bar & Grill is rated 4.0 with 75+ reviews
Clayton Area Waterfront Restaurants
These waterfront restaurants on Lake Burton in Clarkesville provide great food and the option to drive in or boat over to the restaurant!
Located on Lake Burton in Clarkesville, GA, La Prade’s features casual elegant dining inside and outside. Enjoy live music, fine American cuisine, with regional southern and local accents. Chef Reaux provides premium-grade products with an emphasis on fresh fish/lobster, prime rib, steaks and chops, and hand-made desserts. Complete with an extensive wine list and cocktails (dockside or in the restaurant). Reservations are available online or by phone.
They feature an outdoor dockside grille and tiki bar when weather permits.
- Phone: +1 (706) 947-8777
- Address: 25 Shoreline Trail, Clarkesville, GA
- Website: murphyschophouse.com/laprades
- Facebook: The Chophouse of La Prade’s is rated 4.2 with 150+ reviews and 4,225+ likes
- TripAdvisor: The Chophouse of La Prade’s is rated 4.0 with 125+ reviews
Open Thursday through Sunday, Milton Park features Neapolitan-inspired plus salads and appetizers. Enjoy craft beer, wine, and a cellar list with something for everyone.
Located at Laprades Marina on Lake Burton.
- Phone: +1 (706) 947-0001
- Address: 25 Shoreline Trail, Clarkesville, GA
- Website: miltonparkrestaurant.com
- Facebook: Milton Park at Lake Burton is rated 4.9 with 25+ reviews and 875+ likes
In addition to the lakefront restaurants on Lake Burton, you may also enjoy the nearby peaceful beauty and farm-to-table concept at The Farmhouse at Waterfall Club. This restaurant is by reservation only and has scenic views of the irrigation pond on their property. For seating (Wednesday – Saturday only), call (706) 782-9834 to make a reservation. Located at 1105 Waterfall Drive, Clayton, GA.
Cleveland & Dahlonega Area Waterfront Restaurants
This deli has been serving the town of Cleveland for over 30 years. This quaint spot isn’t on a river or lake but does have an outdoor patio that overlooks the creek and is open 7 days a week (11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.)
- Phone: +1 (706) 865-3666
- Address: 16 Old Nacoochee Road, Cleveland, GA
- Website: creeksidedeli.com
- Facebook: Creekside Gourmet Deli is rated 4.2 with 175+ reviews and 4,200+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Creekside Deli is rated 4.5 with 200+ reviews
- Ranked #1 for Quick Bites in Cleveland
This casual restaurant is located on a quiet stretch of the Chestatee River between Cleveland and Dahlonega. Enjoy indoor or outdoor dining. Outdoor decks on 2 levels allow you to spend time downstairs (closer to the water) with a drink, or dine upstairs in the dining room or on the screened-in deck.
- Phone: +1 (706) 865-0190
- Address: 10 Turners Corner Rd, Cleveland, GA
- Website: riversidetavernturnerscorner.com
- Facebook: Riverside Tavern Dahlonega is rated 4.8 with 100+ reviews and 2,750+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Riverside Tavern at Turner’s Corner is rated 4.5 with 25+ reviews
In addition to these 2 restaurants on the water, you may also enjoy a meal at Montaluce Winery and Estates or Frogtown Cellars. Both of these Dahlonega Plateau vineyards have seating with scenic views of the irrigation ponds that are next to their mountain vineyards.
Ellijay & Chatsworth Area Waterfront Restaurants
Enjoy a casual lakefront meal at this marina restaurant on Carter’s Lake in the Georgia mountains. This spot on Carter’s Lake is about 20 miles from both Ellijay and Chatsworth.
This casual lakefront restaurant is open daily during the peak Summer season, and on weekends only during other times of year (it’s unlikely to be open during the coldest months). Featuring a kid-friendly menu of pizza, sandwiches, hot dogs, and sides, this restaurant will prepare your food in advance for call-in orders. Beer and wine sales are available in the restaurant (but no alcohol carry out or BYOB in the restaurant). If you’d like to sit in the restaurant, allow 15 minutes for food prep while you enjoy the scenery of Carter’s Lake.
- Phone: +1 (706) 276-4891
- Address: 575 Marina Road, Chatsworth, GA
- Website: carterslake.com/restaurant-menu
- Facebook: Carter’s Lake has 8,475+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Carter’s Lake is rated 4.5 with 25+ reviews
Helen Waterfront Restaurants
You have your choice of a handful of waterfront restaurants on the Chattahoochee River in Helen. Choose your preferred style of dining and enjoy a nice meal along the river bank.
Alpine Brew Deck
This waterfront restaurant on the Chattahoochee River is great for casual dining and cold drinks by the river. Enjoy live music and a lively bar scene. Outdoor seating is available on the covered deck by the water.
- Located at
- Call for more details or visit Alpine Brew Deck online
- Phone: +1 (706) 878-7293
- Address: 11 River Street, Helen, GA
- Website: alpinebrewdeck.com
- Facebook: Alpine Brew Deck is rated 4.9 with 25+ reviews and 2,025+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Alpine Brew Deck is rated 4.5 with 15+ reviews
This restaurant is right in the middle of downtown Helen and located directly on the Chattahoochee River! It features a covered deck to enjoy the nice weather on the riverfront with your drinks and American and German food. Open daily from 11:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. (closes at 9:00 p.m. on Friday and Saturday).
- Phone: +1 (706) 878-3102
- Address: 8546 South Main St, Helen, GA
- Website: cafeinternationalhelen.com
- Facebook: Cafe International is rated 4.2 with 1,400+ reviews and 2,700+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Cafe International is rated 4.0 with 650+ reviews
This restaurant is located on the Chattahoochee River and on the northwest end of the Helen main street is Hofbrauhaus, open 7 days a week (11 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.) enjoy this restaurant that was modeled after the famous Hofbrauhaus in Munich, Germany. Here the menu boasts German favorites along with American standards so that there is something for everyone.
- Phone: +1 (706) 878-2248
- Address: 9001 N Main Street, Helen, GA
- Website: hofbrauhaushelenga.net
- Facebook: Hofbrauhaus Restaurant & Pub is rated 4.8 with 25+ reviews and 600+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Hofbrauhaus Restaurant & Pub is rated 4.0 with 850+ reviews
This location is named for its location “under the bridge” on the river right in the heart of downtown Helen. You’ll find a menu with German and American favorites, as well as a beverage menu with beer, wine, and cocktails. Souvenir mugs are also available.
- Phone: +1 (706) 878-3117
- Address: 8590 N Main Street, Helen, GA
- Website: trolltavern.com
- Facebook: The Troll Tavern is rated 4.2 with 1,275+ reviews and 9,925+ likes
- TripAdvisor: The Troll Tavern is rated 3.5 with 1,825+ reviews
These 2 restaurants include a Steakhouse located at the intersection of the Chattahoochee River and Main Street, with an adjacent lively margarita deck located just upstream (also on the river). The steakhouse is indoor fine dining (with windows big enough to take in the water views) and primarily serves steaks and seafood. The margarita deck is open to enjoy the climate on a nice day and serves drinks with a food menu of mostly casual sandwich “baskets”. Live music on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Located at
- Call for more details or visit Paul’s Steakhouse online
- Phone: +1 (706) 878-2468
- Address: 8537 S. Main Street, Helen, GA
- Website: paulssteakhouse.com
- Facebook: Paul’s Steakhouse is rated 3.8 with 950+ reviews and 10,075+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Paul’s is rated 3.5 with 1,050+ reviews
Hiawassee Area Waterfront Restaurants
The town of Hiawassee sits on Lake Chatuge and has many places along the lake (or just across a 2-lane road) that provide beautiful views of the lake and the mountains. For the finest dining experience, you must try The Oaks Lakeside Kitchen for a gourmet meal and extensive wine menu. For something more casual, there are many other options all listed below. Please note that some of these are not waterfront, but they are across the street and provide water views.
Located on the water at Lake Chatuge, this is where to go for a memorable fine dining experience for breakfast or supper (Mon – Sat), or Sunday brunch. Note that they are not open for lunch. Located within The Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge, there are plenty of manicured pathways to walk around and enjoy the scenery after your meal. Reservations are available via OpenTable.
- Phone: +1 (706) 896-4141
- Address: 3499 US Highway 76, Hiawassee, GA
- Website: theridgesresort.com/the-oaks-lakeside-kitchen
- Facebook: The Oaks Lakeside Kitchen is rated 4.5 with 50+ reviews and 1,900+ likes
- TripAdvisor: The Oaks Lakeside Kitchen is rated 4.0 with 325+ reviews
Marina Station is located on the water at Lake Chatuge and is a comfortable, relaxing, newly renovated space with over 40 feet of bar service and plenty of TVs to watch your favorite team. There are four garage doors that open onto the deck, to allow unimpeded views of the surrounding natural beauty of the lake and mountains. The downstairs patio offers a walk-up bar, yard games, and plenty of space to stretch your legs and enjoy the band. Arrive via bike, car, or by boat! Open Wed – Sun at 11:00 a.m.
- Phone: +1 (706) 896-2262
- Address: 3399 US Highway 76, Hiawassee, GA
- Website: theridgesresort.com/marina-station
- Facebook: Marina Station Lake Chatuge is rated 4.2 with 700+ reviews
- TripAdvisor: Marina Station Lake Chatuge is rated 3.5 with 75+ reviews
This barbecue joint is located directly on the lake, but it is surrounded by parking and landscaping which obstructs the lake views a bit. The best views of the lake and mountains are available on the patio when the weather is agreeable.
- Phone: +1 (706) 896-3200
- Address: 625 US-76, Hiawassee, GA
- Website: hawgwildbbqhiawassee.com
- Facebook: Hawg Wild BBQ and Catfish House is rated 4.3 with 225+ reviews and 2,225+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Hawg Wild BBQ and Catfish House is rated 4.0 with 275+ reviews
This property has a narrow view of Lake Chatuge and the Blue Ridge Mountains from its patio. Multiple types of barbecue sauce on the table to please those who want spicy, vinegary (is that a word??), or sweet barbecue sauces. Enjoy the sandwiches and platters with generous portions of side items. Only open select days of the week. Call for hours.
- Phone: +1 (706) 896-0012
- Address: 1586 U.S. 76 W, Hiawassee, GA
- Website: thehappyhawg.shop
- Facebook: The Happy Hawg is rated 5.0 with 125+ reviews
- TripAdvisor: The Happy Hawg is rated 4.0 with 125+ reviews
This casual Mexican restaurant is across the street from Lake Chatuge, but close enough to enjoy the scenic lake views. Outdoor seating is available to take advantage of great weather and the beautiful views.
- Phone: +1 (706) 896-7677
- Address: 3360 Highway 76, Hiawassee, GA
- Facebook: El Cancun is rated 3.8 with 50+ reviews and 400+ likes
- TripAdvisor: El Cancun is rated 3.5 with 125+ reviews
This spot is across the street from Lake Chatuge but still offers plenty of lake and mountain views. Menu is mainly typical bar food with wings, pizza, and sandwiches. The sand “beach” out front is a lively spot with live music every Friday and Saturday night.
- Phone: +1 (828) 371-4718
- Address: 3288 Dogwood Ln, Hiawassee, GA
- Website: sandbarandgrillenga.com
- Facebook: Sand Bar & Grille is rated 4.7 with 1,950+ reviews
- TripAdvisor: Sand Bar & Grille is rated 4.0 with 50+ reviews
These 2 restaurants share a building across the street from Lake Chatuge but offer different styles of dining.
Moondance is casual and offers happy hour specials, kids’ dance parties on select nights, weekly entertainment, and pet-friendly outdoor seating. Eclipse is newly opened with a fine dining menu including a 45-day aged, 40oz Tomahawk steak.
- Phone +1 (706) 435-0502 for more details or visit Moondance Grill online
- Phone +1 (706) 435-0502 for more details or visit Eclipse Fine Dining online
- Both are located at 3295 Dogwood Lane, Hiawassee, GA
McCaysville Waterfront Restaurants
Located on the state line of Georgia and Tennessee, these restaurants provide a lovely view of the Toccoa River. Enjoy a meal on the outside decks for the best river views.
Located in McCaysville with a dog-friendly deck overlooking the Toccoa River, this casual spot is a great place to enjoy a meal. Burra Burra on the River celebrates the #CopperBasin with classic American food, beer, & wine. Enjoy the riverside deck at historic @RiverwalkShops and scenic views.
- Phone: +1 (706) 400-6660
- Address: 100 Blue Ridge Dr, Suite 100, McCaysville, GA
- Website: burraburraontheriver.com
- Facebook: Burra Burra on the River is rated 4.5 with 425+ reviews and 3,775+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Burra Burra on the River is rated 3.5 with 200+ reviews
This riverfront cafe serves breakfast, bakery goods, and ice cream all day long! In addition to breakfast, after 11:00 a.m. they offer gourmet hot dogs, beer, and wine! No alcohol sales on Sunday. Open 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Phone: +1 (706) 400-6677
- Address: 100 Blue Ridge Drive, Suite 102, McCaysville, GA
- Website: happybearcafe.com
- Facebook: Happy Bear Cafe is rated 4.7 with 825+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Happy Bear Cafe
Don’t forget to take your selfie stick to capture the moment at these scenic restaurants in North Georgia and share it with your friends!
Which of these great waterfront restaurants are you planning to try first? Do you prefer the movement of the rivers or the tranquility of the lakes?