Craft Cider Houses in North Georgia
There are so many fantastic wineries, breweries, and distilleries in Georgia that you may not even be aware that there are also great places to find fruit-based hard ciders in North Georgia!
Check out these places for unique tastes from the North Georgia mountains!
Quick Article Navigation:
North Georgia Cider Map
This interactive map can help you locate the local meadery or cider house closest to you. Click the checkboxes to add nearby wineries and/or meaderies to the map.
In addition to the great local cider, there are a lot of nearby North Georgia’s u-pick apple orchards in the Ellijay area too!
Local Ciders in North Georgia
While in North Georgia, take advantage of the local places to sample unique craft ciders made locally in the Georgia mountains. Use the map below to find the closest location and plan a great trip with your friends and family.
Mercier Orchards has been in business for over 75 years and is known for its U-pick events and hard ciders.
For the full Mercier Orchard Blue Ridge GA experience, visit the original farm location at 8660 Blue Ridge Drive. This family-friendly destination is open early and invites you to dine at their cafe, pick your own fruit, try the adventure/obstacle course, fish in the catch-and-release pond, and sample their hard ciders and fruit wines!
The primary market and bakery are open daily, while the farm cafe is open Saturday through Monday. Other events are seasonal and depend on harvest dates. Mercier Orchards is closed on holidays.
Dogs are allowed outside on the Hard Cider Deck, but are not allowed inside the market or in the orchards.
- Phone: +1 (800) 361-7731
- Address: 8660 Blue Ridge Drive, Blue Ridge, GA
- Website: mercier-orchards.com
- Facebook: Mercier Orchards is rated 4.8 with 5,250+ reviews and 97,000+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Mercier Orchards is rated 4.5 with 2,450+ reviews
- Untappd: Mercier Orchards is rated 3.6 with 4,600+ ratings
Reece’s Cider Company opened in September 2021 and produces a wide variety of delicious hard ciders on-site. The craft ciders are available in semi-dry (Ellijay Apple), sweet (Poppy’s Pick), semi-sweet (Ol’ Red), plus unexpected flavors (Hops of Jupiter and The Tango).
Cider is available in glasses, bottles, cans, and in 4-glass flights (perfect for finding your new favorites)! Additional selections available in the tasting room at Reece’s Cider include craft beer, local wines, and snack foods.
Reece’s Cider Company is open daily for your convenience and has live music on weekends. Outdoor seating is available at picnic tables next to the tasting room. Bring your leashed dogs, as the indoor and outdoor spaces are pet-friendly.
- Phone: +1 (706) 635-2775
- Address: 9110 Georgia Highway 52, Ellijay, GA
- Website: reecescidercompany.com
- Facebook: Reece’s Cider Co. is rated 5.0 with 20+ reviews and 1,400+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Reece’s Cider Co. is rated 4.5 with 5+ reviews
- Untappd: Reece’s Cider Company is rated 3.7 with 550+ ratings
Roo Mountain Vineyards opened in July 2023 with three varieties of hard cider for sale. Pick up a glass or growler of the craft cider, or try one of the other types of drinks available.
Roo Mountain Vineyards is open Thursday – Sunday for adults 21+ and has live music on weekends. Dog-friendly for leashed dogs. Note that all tasting bar areas are outdoors until the new tasting room is completed.
- Phone: +1 (706) 502-3935
- Address: 1493 Old Flat Branch Road, Ellijay, GA
- Website: roomountainvineyards.com
- Facebook: Roo Mountain Vineyards has 1,100+ likes
- Tripadvisor: Roo Mountain Vineyards
Note that Waldmet Cellars in Jasper closed permanently on December 31, 2022.
Please pin, share, and comment!
What are your favorite hard ciders from North Georgia?
Visit these articles to learn about other types of locally produced alcoholic beverages:
- North Georgia – Breweries and Beer
- North Georgia – Distilleries and Spirits
- North Georgia – Mead
- North Georgia – Vineyards and Wineries