Local North Georgia Breweries and Beer
Sometimes there is nothing more relaxing than a good, cold beer on your day off. The Georgia Mountains have a handful of options to try local flavors from their craft beer breweries.
Regardless of how much beer knowledge you have, it’s easy to know what beer you like and enjoy. Use the information below to find local breweries where you can sample unique local flavors.
Map of Breweries in North Georgia
This interactive map can help you find the closest locations of craft breweries near you.
Local Breweries in North Georgia
There are local microbreweries to be found in a few places across the North Georgia mountains. Be sure to check them out for the chance to sample local flavors and support local businesses while enjoying a tasty beer in relaxing environments.
Local Breweries in Blue Ridge
Blue Ridge has a few great local breweries to choose from.
Angry Hops Brewing
This new brewery opened in 2021 and is now open 7 days a week. This dog-friendly brewery has outdoor seating available.
Angry Hops Brewing Contact Info
- Address: 341 East Main Street, Blue Ridge GA
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: angryhopsbrewing.com
Angry Hops Brewing Reviews
- Facebook: Angry Hops Brewing is rated 5.0 with 10+ reviews and 1,025+ likes
- UNTAPPD: Angry Hops Brewing is rated 4.2 with 300+ ratings and 15+ beers
Fannin Brewing Company
Enjoy a beer flight, a single pint, or a growler to-go at the Fannin Brewing Company in Blue Ridge, GA. Bring your dogs to this pet-friendly brewery and enjoy live music on select dates.
Fannin Brewing Company Contact Info
- Call: +1 (706) 258-2762
- Address: 3758 E 1st St, Blue Ridge, GA
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: fanninbrewingcompany.com
Fannin Brewing Company Reviews
- Facebook: Fannin Brewing Company is rated 4.7 with 125+ reviews and 5,175+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Fannin Brewing Company is rated 4.5 with 50+ reviews
- UNTAPPD: Fannin Brewing Company is rated 3.5 with 8,025+ ratings and 75+ beers
Grumpy Old Men Brewing
Enjoy great local beer available 7 days a week from this dog-friendly microbrewery in Blue Ridge, GA. Check online for the current list of beers and a fun variety of events including live music, karaoke, and tie-dye parties.
Beer varieties may include IPAs, Dark Ales, Hard Seltzers, Pale Ales, Porters, Stouts, Blonde Ales, and more!
Grumpy Old Men Brewing Contact Info
- Call: +1 (706) 946-2739
- Address: 1315 East Main Street, Blue Ridge, GA
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: GrumpyOldMenBrewing.com
Grumpy Old Men Brewing Reviews
- Facebook: Grumpy Old Men Brewing is rated 4.9 with 500+ reviews and 9,525+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Grumpy Old Men Brewing is rated 4.5 with 175+ reviews
- Ranked #1 for Things to Do in Blue Ridge!
- UNTAPPD: Grumpy Old Men Brewing is rated 3.7 with 18,675+ reviews and 50+ beers
Local Breweries in Copperhill TN
Tourists taking the 4-hour Blue Ridge Scenic Railway trips will have a 2-hour layover in the sister cities of McCaysville GA and Copperhill TN. These adjacent towns are on different sides of the Georgia and Tennessee state line. These Copperhill TN breweries can make a great stop for your layover on Blue Ridge Scenic Railway trips or other visits!
Buck Bald Brewing
Although this brewery is technically in Tennessee, it’s only a short walk from the Georgia state line and its sister city of McCaysville, GA. Leashed pets are welcome and patio seating is available. Pints and growlers are available. Open 7 days per week.
Buck Bald Brewing Contact Info
- Call: +1 (706) 431-7141
- Address: 160 Ocoee St, Copperhill, TN
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: BuckBaldBrewing.com
Buck Bald Brewing Reviews
- Facebook: Buck Bald Brewing is rated 5.0 with 125+ reviews and 2,425+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Buck Bald Brewing is rated 5.0 with 25+ reviews
- UNTAPPD: Buck Bald Brewing is rated 3.9 with 2,850+ ratings and 50+ beers
This brewery is just across the Georgia / Tennessee state line and makes a nice stop on layovers on Blue Ridge Scenic Railway tours. Copperhill Brewery is open daily and features trivia on Thursday nights.
Copperhill Brewery Contact Info
- Call: +1 (423) 548-3030
- Address: 105 Ocoee Street, Copperhill, TN
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: copperhillbrewery.com
Copperhill Brewery Reviews
- Facebook: Copperhill Brewery is rated 5.0 with 150+ reviews and 3,100+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Copperhill Brewery is rated 4.5 with 25+ reviews
- UNTAPPD: Copperhill Brewery is rated 3.9 with 3,825+ ratings and 100+ beers
Local Breweries in Clayton & Hiawassee
These North Georgia breweries offer a great place to enjoy small-town vibes and local flavors.
Currahee Brewing Company
The Currahee Brewing Company’s newest location is the location in downtown Clayton. Enjoy open mic nights, bingo, trivia, karaoke, and more at this local favorite. Currahee Brewing Company in Clayton is open daily for your convenience!
Currahee Brewing Company Contact Info
The Currahee Brewing Company has 3 locations in the area — make sure you have the contact information for your preferred location!
- Call: +1 (706) 782-2306
- Address: 93 West Savannah Street, Clayton, GA
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: curraheebrew.com/contact
Currahee Brewing Company Reviews
- Facebook: Currahee Brewing Company – Clayton, GA is rated 5.0 with 25+ reviews and 1,875+ likes
Local brewery and a taco truck, Hiawassee Brew is a full-service brewhouse and restaurant in Hiawassee, GA. All craft beers are made in-house. In addition to the house brews, there are rotating guest taps from other local breweries, plus a variety of wines from Crane Creek and Hightower Creek Vineyards!
Games are available on-site and kids are welcome. Live music every Saturday night from 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm (visit the Hiawassee Brew online calendar for performer and other event details). Outdoor seating available.
Hiawassee Brew is closed on Mondays.
Hiawassee Brew Contact Info
- Call: +1 (706) 896-2739
- Address: 616 S Main St, Hiawassee, GA
- Website: hiawasseebrew24.com
Hiawassee Brew Reviews
- Facebook: Hiawassee Brew is rated 4.8 with 975+ reviews
- TripAdvisor: Hiawassee Brew is rated 4.0 with 50+ reviews
- UNTAPPD: Hiawassee Brew is rated 3.5 with 1,125+ ratings and 75+ beers
Local Breweries in Cleveland & Dahlonega
These breweries offer great options for local beer near Dahlonega.
Tantrum Brewing Company
Tantrum Brewing Company is Georgia’s first production “agritourism” brewery and is located in Cleveland, GA. Hops grown on site are used to make the specialty and limited release brews.
Food trucks are available on weekends and select nights, but when food trucks are not parked outside, you are welcome to bring in your own food or have local food delivered to the brewery. Picnic tables and a large lawn provide family-friendly space for frisbee, a game of catch, corn hole, or other games that are available for your enjoyment.
Events include live music, axe throwing, trivia, bingo, and more (see online calendar for details). Free tours may be available, depending on the production schedule. Leashed dogs are welcome in outdoor areas (dogs are not allowed inside).
Tantrum Brewing Company is open Wednesdays – Sundays (closed on Mondays and Tuesdays).
Tantrum Brewing Company Contact Info
- Address: 1939 Helen Hwy, Cleveland, GA
- Call: +1 (770) 809-2888
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: tantrumbeer.com
Tantrum Brewing Company Reviews
- Facebook: Tantrum Brewing Company has 7,050+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Tantrum Brewing Company is rated 4.5 with 25+ reviews
- UNTAPPD: Tantrum Brewing Company is rated 3.7 with 10,050+ ratings and 100+ beers
The Dahlonega Brewery & Etowah Meadery
Located in Dahlonega at the very heart of Georgia’s wine country, Dahlonega’s first craft brewery shares its tasting room and production facility with Etowah Meadery.
Dogs are welcome on the outdoor patio and food trucks regularly visit on the weekends. Discounts are available for active and retired military (15% off with ID) and for local Dahlonega residents (10% off with local ID).
The Dahlonega Brewery is open Wednesdays – Sundays (closed on Mondays and Tuesdays).
The Dahlonega Brewery Contact Info
- Call: +1 (706) 864-6323
- Address: 3003 Morrison Moore Pkwy East, Dahlonega, GA
- Website: thedahlonegabrewery.com
The Dahlonega Brewery Reviews
- Facebook: The Dahlonega Brewery is rated 4.6 with 10+ reviews and 1,900+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Etowah Meadery & The Dahlonega Brewery is rated 4.5 with 20+ reviews
- Untappd: The Dahlonega Brewery is rated 3.6 with 500+ ratings and 25+ beers
Local Breweries in Ellijay, Jasper, and Talking Rock
Cartecay River Brewing Co
Enjoy a menu of 16 craft beers that are constantly changing at Cartecay River Brewing Co in Ellijay. The pet-friendly and kid-friendly environment boast a waterfront outdoor covered deck located on the Coosawattee River in Ellijay. Check the website and/or social media for the live music schedule.
The evolving drink selection may include ambers, lagers, sours, browns, IPAs, and more! Open daily for a flight, a pint, or a fresh growler of beer to take home.
Cartecay River Brewing Co Contact Info
- Call: +1 (706) 395-8985
- Address: 26 River Terrace, Ellijay, GA
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: cartecayriverbrewing.com
Cartecay River Brewing Co Reviews
- Facebook: Cartecay River Brewing Company is rated 4.9 with 100+ reviews and 2,975+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Cartecay River Brewing Company is rated 5.0 with 15+ reviews
- UNTAPPD: Cartecay River Brewing Company is rated 3.8 with 4,050+ ratings and 100+ beers
Pendley Creek Brewing Company
Visit Pendley Creek Brewing Company in downtown Jasper for flights of beer, pints, and growlers to-go! Pendley Creek Brewing Company is open Fridays – Sundays.
Pendley Creek Brewing Company Contact Info
- Call: +1 (706) 253-2739
- Address: 57 North Main Street, Jasper, GA
- Website: pendleycreekbrewingco.com
Pendley Creek Brewing Company Reviews
- Facebook: Pendley Creek Brewing Company is rated 5.0 with 25+ reviews and 2,300+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Pendley Creek Brewing Company is rated 5.0
- UNTAPPD: Pendley Creek Brewery is rated 3.7 with 700+ ratings and 50+ beers
Talking Rock Brewery
Visit Talking Rock Brewery in the train car in downtown Talking Rock for a nice variety of approachable local beers. Watch the calendar for fun events including food trucks and cornhole tournaments.
Talking Rock Brewery is open Thursdays – Sundays. Budding artists can sign up for open mic night every Thursday and music fans will enjoy live music every Saturday from 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm. Dogs are welcome on the patio and deck areas.
Talking Rock Brewery Contact Info
- Call: +1 (706) 253-2337
- Address: 4500 GA-136 W, Talking Rock GA
- Website: talkingrockbrewery.com
Talking Rock Brewery Reviews
- Facebook: Talking Rock Brewery is rated 5.0 with 50+ reviews and 2,725+ likes
- UNTAPPD: Talking Rock Brewery is rated 3.8 with 875+ ratings and 25+ beers
More local brewery information
Fans of Blue Ridge Brewery in Blue Ridge will be disappointed to learn that after the Blue Ridge Brewery closed “for remodeling,” the management later decided to close permanently. The Blue Ridge Brewery, formerly located at 187 Depot Street, Blue Ridge, GA, was permanently closed in the summer of 2019.
Tips for Great Beer
Whether you want to host a beer-tasting event or simply enjoy a cold brew at the end of the day, these products can help to enhance the experience!
Tips for Visiting Breweries
A few smart tips can help you get the most out of your local brewery visits.
- Designate a sober driver
- Avoid wearing scented products and perfumes
- Try a flight to sample smaller pours of different beers
Get the most out of trips to local breweries with some smart research and products. These make great gifts for beer lovers!
Start off with some research about one of the world’s oldest drinks to make sure you’ll get the most out of opportunities to tour local breweries and talk to brewmasters. A couple of quick reads will help you understand what goes into the unique brews and appreciate more than the ABV (Alcohol By Volume) and the IBU (International Bitterness Units) of each brew.
Beer Bottle Openers
Make sure it’s easy to get into your beer with a high-quality bottle opener.
When enjoying a beer in a bottle or can keep it as cold as possible with a highly-rated coozie.
Frosty Beer Mugs
When you’re ready to enjoy your beers by the glass, serve them up in an ice-cold frosty mug for maximum refreshment!
Beer Tasting Kits
Consider hosting your own tasting event with your favorite local Georgia mountain craft beers. These beer tasting supplies can help organize a great way to sample a variety of local flavors.
Beer Tasting Journals
Regardless of how much beer knowledge you have, it’s easy to know what beer you like and enjoy. Keep track of your local beer adventures with an online app or old-school journal or logbook.
Be sure to take a couple of growlers with you to the breweries and have them filled with your favorite beers during your visit!