Aerial Tours of the Georgia Mountains
For a totally different perspective, consider an aerial tour of the Georgia mountains. These customized rides in a helicopter, airplane, seaplane, or even a hot air balloon will be a thrilling experience like no other.
Many of the flights are available from the North metro Atlanta area which is a very short flight to the mountains. You’ll be able to watch the geography change from the gentle rolling hills in the city to the bigger mountains in the foothills of the Appalachians.
North Georgia Aerial Tours
North Georgia Biplane Tours
This group offers vintage biplane rides and tours in the Atlanta area and North Georgia mountains. Try an aerobatic thrill ride or a gentle sightseeing ride for two including a chance to view the sunset from the air. After your flight, enjoy a dinner at the Kennesaw airport at Elevation Chop House.
Purchase biplane tours for Atlanta, Stone Mountain, or Lake Lanier areas.
Biplane Adventures Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (770) 393-3937
- Address: 1723 McCollum Parkway, Kennesaw, GA
- It is not advised to use GPS to find their location – please see the online directions
- Website: https://www.biplaneride.com/
Biplane Adventures Reviews
- TripAdvisor: Biplane Adventures is rated 5.0 with 5+ reviews
North Georgia Seaplane Tours
For a truly unique experience, try a Seaplane Tour of the Georgia Mountains and enjoy the mountain scenery with a “Splash and Dash” seaplane splashdown on Lake Blue Ridge, Lake Notley, or Lake Chatuge! Various packages are available or you can design your own custom experience!
Located at The Ridges Marina (on Lake Chatuge in Young Harris, GA), the seaplanes can accommodate up to 3 passengers at a time with a combined total weight of 450 pounds. Enjoy a 60 minute flight tour on the Mountain Views Package that includes a deluxe tour of Lake Blue Ridge, Lake Nottely, Lake Chatuge, and the beautiful views of the Georgia Mountains region.
They can also put together a custom tour for you upon request.
Wing N It Adventures Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (678) 971-9922
- Address: 3499 US Highway 76, Young Harris, GA
- Website: wingnitadventures.com
Wing N It Adventures Reviews
- Facebook: Wing N It Seaplane Adventures is rated 5.0 with 10+ reviews and 600+ likes
North Georgia Helicopter Tours
There are a couple of choices to fly around the Georgia mountains in a helicopter! Choose the one that is most convenient or the tour that most appeals to you.
This group specializes in helicopter charters and offers helicopter tour packages to some of Georgia’s most beautiful places.
Enjoy a variety of amazing aerial perspectives and tour options including a 50 to 60-minute scenic flight of Amicalola Falls (729-foot waterfall at the southern end of the Blue Ridge Mountains). Enjoy the beautiful natural mountain scenery and, when in season, view the gorgeous colors of the fall foliage and Burt’s Pumpkin Patch.
Atlanta Heli Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (678) 362-3415
- Address: 3948 Aviation Circle, Atlanta, GA
- Website: atlantaheli.com
Atlanta Heli Reviews
- Facebook: North Atlanta Executive Air is rated 5.0 with 200+ likes
- TripAdvisor: North Atlanta Executive Air Service – Tours
Based in Lawrenceville, GA (at the Gwinnett County airport), this group has several options that you can choose from day to night. If you totally love the helicopter flight experience, they even offer lessons so that you can start working towards your pilot’s license!
Blue Ridge Helicopters Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (770) 963-0590
- Address: 850 Airport Rd, Lawrenceville, GA
- Website: blueridgehelicopter.com
Blue Ridge Helicopters Reviews
- Facebook: Blue Ridge Helicopters is rated 4.9 with 25+ reviews and 750+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Blue Ridge Helicopters is rated 5.0 with 15+ reviews
If you prefer the more natural experience of a non-motorized flight, see the separate post about your options to enjoy a hot air balloon ride over the mountains.
Have a great flight!!