Local Cider in North Georgia
There are so many fantastic wineries, breweries, and distilleries in Georgia that you may not even be aware that there are also great places to find fruit-based hard ciders in North Georgia!
Check out these places for a unique taste of the Georgia mountains!
Local Ciders in North Georgia
There are a few local places where you can sample unique ciders and meads made locally in the Georgia mountains. Use the map below to find the closest location and plan a great trip with your friends and family.
North Georgia Cider Map
This interactive map can help you locate the local meadery or cider house closest to you.
Mercier Orchards has been in business for over 75 years and is known for its U-pick events and hard ciders.
For the full Mercier Orchard Blue Ridge GA experience, visit the original farm location at 8660 Blue Ridge Drive. This family-friendly destination is open early and invites you to dine at their cafe, pick your own fruit, try the adventure/obstacle course, fish in the catch-and-release pond, and sample their hard ciders and fruit wines!
The primary market and bakery are open daily, while the farm cafe is open Saturday through Monday. Other events are seasonal and depend on harvest dates. Mercier Orchards is closed on holidays.
- Phone: +1 (800) 361-7731
- Address: 8660 Blue Ridge Drive, Blue Ridge, GA
- Mercier Orchards website: mercier-orchards.com
- Facebook: Mercier Orchards is rated 4.8 with 2,675+ reviews and 82,950+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Mercier Orchards is rated 4.5 with 2,400+ reviews
- Untappd: Mercier Orchards is rated 3.6 with 4,100+ ratings
Reece’s Cider Co
This cider house has been open since September 2021 and produces a variety of hard ciders on site. The craft ciders are available in semi-day (Ellijay Apple), sweet (Poppy’s Pick), and semi-sweet (Ol’ Red), plus unexpected flavors (Hops of Jupiter and The Tango). Cider is available in 4-glass flights (great for finding new favorites), 13-ounce glasses, in liter bottles.
Additional selections available in the tasting room at Reece’s Cider include craft beer, local wines, and snack foods.
Reece’s Cider Company is open daily for your convenience and has live music on weekends. Outdoor seating is available at picnic tables next to the tasting room.
- Phone: +1 (706) 635-2775
- Address: 9110 Georgia Highway 52, Ellijay, GA
- Website: reecescidercompany.com
- Facebook: Reece’s Cider Co. is rated 5.0 with 5+ reviews and 1,525+ likes
- Untappd: Reece’s Cider Company is rated 3.8 with 75+ ratings
One of North Georgia’s newest meaderies produces a nice variety of meads, plus great ciders and wines as well!
- Phone: +1 (678) 743-1773
- Address: 62 Ralph Hicks Cir, Jasper GA
- Website: waldmet.com
- Facebook: Waldmet Cellars is rated 5.0 with 20+ reviews and 1,725+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Waldmet Cellars is rated 5.0
- Untappd: Waldmet Cellars
In addition to the great local cider, there are a lot of nearby North Georgia’s u-pick apple orchards in the Ellijay area too!
Please pin, share, and comment!
What are your favorite hard ciders from North Georgia?