Top 15 Places to See Live Music in Helen, GA
Enjoy the talents of a variety of great local musicians at these live music venues around Helen, Georgia.
Local bands and solo musicians perform all around town to bring a lively spirit to Alpine Helen all year round!
Live Music in Helen, GA
From local restaurants, local wineries, lively Helen GA bars, and huge annual events, there are lots of unique places to see live music in Helen, GA. Use the resources below to find a great place for your group to see live music in Helen, Georgia.
Map of Live Music in Helen, GA
The interactive map below can help you to get a visual read of where music venues are located around Helen.
Where to See Live Music in Helen, GA
Learn more about the great local restaurants, local wineries, and event venues where you can see live music performances in Helen, Georgia.
Music at Helen Wineries
Creekstone Winery offers local wines and grand views of nearby Yonah mountain. An assortment of cheese, crackers, and snacks are available for purchase. Leashed dogs are welcome in the outdoor areas.
Visit for the “Creekstone After Hours” music series to enjoy live music on Fridays and Saturdays from 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm. The weekly band lineup is posted regularly on social media.
Creekstone Winery Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (706) 878-0004
- Address: 295 Hardman Farm Road, Sautee, GA
- GPS: 34.6866315,-83.7060728
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: creekstonewinery.com
Creekstone Winery Reviews
- Facebook: Creekstone Winery is rated 4.8 with 25+ reviews and 1,425+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Creekstone Winery
- Vivino: Creekstone Winery has 10+ wines with 175+ ratings
Cheese, crackers, and snacks are available for purchase, or you may bring your own food from home. Note that food brought from home is not allowed in the tasting room, but is allowed outside in the pavilion. Leashed dogs are welcome in the outdoor pavilion.
Live music on Saturday afternoons from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm on the covered patio from March through October. Covid restrictions may affect the schedule. The band lineup is posted regularly on social media.
Habersham Winery Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (706) 878-9463
- Address: 7025 South Main Street, Helen, GA
- GPS: 34.6892835,-83.712137999
- Website: habershamwinery.com/visit
Habersham Winery Reviews
- Facebook: Habersham Winery is rated 4.7 with 425+ reviews and 9,800+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Habersham Winery is rated 4.5 with 425+ reviews
- Vivino: Habersham Winery has 10+ wines with 375+ ratings
Music at Helen Festivals
A review of great music in Helen wouldn’t be complete without mentioning the weeks of traditional German music that plays during Oktoberfest at the Helen Festhalle. Visit the event hall for the official Oktoberfest activities and a daily lineup of bands playing authentic Oktoberfest favorites during the entire event!
See the band lineup at: gamountainsguide.com/alpine-fun-at-the-annual-helen-ga-oktoberfest
Helen Festhalle Contact Info
- Address: 1074 Edelweiss Strasse, Helen, GA
- GPS: 34.702455,-83.727106
- Website: helenchamber.com/Helen/Oktoberfest
Music at Helen Bars & Restaurants
Alpine Brew Deck
This Chattahoochee riverfront restaurant is a great spot for casual dining and cold drinks by the river. Pets are allowed outside on the scenic deck.
Enjoy live music and a lively scene with plenty of beer on tap and in bottles. Live music details and band lineups are posted regularly on social media.
Alpine Brew Deck Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (706) 878-7293
- Address: 11 River Street, Helen, GA
- GPS: 34.700803,-83.7320336
- Website: alpinebrewdeck.com
Alpine Brew Deck Reviews
- Facebook: Alpine Brew Deck is rated 5.0 with 25+ reviews and 2,050+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Alpine Brew Deck is rated 4.5 with 15+ reviews
Bigg Daddys Restaurant and Tavern
Outdoor seating is available at Bigg Daddys Restaurant and Tavern, where vegetarian and vegan options are available.
Live music performances every weekend on Friday (8:00 pm), Saturday (8:00 pm), and Sunday (2:00 pm)!
Bigg Daddys Restaurant and Tavern Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (706) 878-2739
- Address: 807 Edelweiss Strasse, Helen, GA
- GPS: 34.7009087,-83.7254696
- Website: biggdaddys.com
Bigg Daddys Restaurant and Tavern Reviews
- Facebook: Bigg Daddys Restaurant and Tavern has 12,075+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Bigg Daddys Restaurant and Tavern is rated 4.0 with 1,825+ reviews
Chattahoochee Dog Haus
Enjoy a wide selection of hot dogs, sandwiches, cold beer, and local wine at this casual restaurant. Pets are allowed outside on the deck.
Live music details and band lineups are posted regularly on social media.
Chattahoochee Dog Haus Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (706) 878-1044
- Address: 8016 South Main Street, Helen, GA
- GPS: 34.6988883,-83.7223748
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chattahoochee Dog Haus Reviews
- Facebook: Chattahoochee Dog Haus is rated 5.0 with 225+ reviews and 2,100+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Chattahoochee Dog Haus is rated 4.0 with 25+ reviews
Cowboys & Angels Restaurant and Bar
Visit the centrally located Cowboys & Angels southern steakhouse for surf and turf favorites and brunch on Sundays. Outdoor seating is available and pets are allowed outside on the deck and in the courtyard.
Live music on select nights. Live music details and band lineups are posted regularly on social media.
Cowboys & Angels Restaurant and Bar Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (706) 878-3433
- Address: 60 Chattahoochee Strasse, Helen, GA
- GPS: 34.7017575,-83.7298717
- Website: cowboysangels.net
Cowboys & Angels Restaurant and Bar Reviews
- Facebook: Cowboys & Angels Restaurant and Bar is rated 4.6 with 1,025+ reviews and 13,575+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Cowboys & Angels Restaurant and Bar is rated 4.5 with 1,225+ reviews
Hofbrauhaus Restaurant & Pub
Enjoy German and American menu favorites at this restaurant along with live music performances on weekends. Outdoor seating is available that overlooks the Chattahoochee River. Pets are allowed at the picnic tables outside.
Live music every weekend. Live music details and band lineups are posted regularly on social media.
Hofbrauhaus Restaurant & Pub Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (706) 878-2248
- Address: 9001 North Main Street, Helen, GA
- GPS: 34.7026136,-83.7389843
- Website: hofbrauhaushelenga.net
Hofbrauhaus Restaurant & Pub Reviews
- Facebook: Hofbrauhaus Restaurant & Pub is rated 4.8 with 25+ reviews and 600+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Hofbrauhaus Restaurant & Pub is rated 4.0 with 850+ reviews
King Ludwig’s Biergarten
Visit this lively Biergarten year-round for German beer and German food. Sit at the outdoor tables and enjoy music and people watching from the central space. Ranked #1 for nightlife in Helen and especially busy during Oktoberfest!
Call for information about music and band schedules.
King Ludwig’s Biergarten Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (706) 878-0008
- Address: 8660 Main Street, Helen, GA
- GPS: 34.7014703,-83.7310922
King Ludwig’s Biergarten Reviews
- Facebook: King Ludwig’s Biergarten is rated 4.7 with 1,675+ reviews
- TripAdvisor: King Ludwig’s Biergarten is rated 4.0 with 25+ reviews
- Ranked #1 for nightlife in Helen
Enjoy comfort foods including burgers, sandwiches, wraps, wings, ribs, and more. Outdoor seating is available – note that kids are not allowed inside as smoking is permitted inside the restaurant.
Call for details about karaoke and live music nights.
Monday’s Pub Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (706) 878-0094
- Address: 7934 South Main Street, Helen, GA
- GPS: 34.6975525,-83.7214593
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: mondayspub.com
Monday’s Pub Reviews
- Facebook: Monday’s Pub is rated 5.0 with 125+ reviews and 975+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Monday’s Pub is rated 4.0 with 25+ reviews
Mully’s Nacoochee Grill
This local “casual fine dining” grill boasts a menu of comfort food with a gourmet twist. Outdoor seating is available and pets are allowed outside on the porch.
Live music on Friday and Saturday nights. Details for live music including band lineups are posted regularly on social media.
Mully’s Nacoochee Grill Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (706) 878-1020
- Address: 7277 South Main Street, Helen, GA
- GPS: 34.69136,-83.7164054
- Website: mullysnacoocheegrill.com
Mully’s Nacoochee Grill Reviews
- Facebook: Mully’s Nacoochee Grill is rated 4.7 with 225+ reviews and 2,100+ followers
- TripAdvisor: Mully’s Nacoochee Grill is rated 4.0 with 925+ reviews
Enjoy surf and turf classics at this riverfront restaurant in the center of downtown Helen. Covered outdoor seating by the river is available at the festive Paul’s Margarita Deck located just behind the main restaurant.
Enjoy karaoke nights plus live music every Friday and Saturday night!
Paul’s Steakhouse Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (706) 878-2468
- Address: 8537 South Main Street, Helen, GA
- GPS: 34.7005994,-83.7316073
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: paulssteakhouse.com
Paul’s Steakhouse Reviews
- Facebook: Paul’s Steakhouse is rated 3.8 with 950+ reviews and 10,100+ likes
The Hayloft (closed summer 2022)
Enjoy a menu of American/German fusion along with a full bar, draught beer selections, and live music. The location stated they are “closed down” on social media.
- Phone: +1 (706) 878-7777
- Address: 69 Tannen Weg, Helen, GA
This iconic blue and white German restaurant and pub is on the square on North Main Street. Outdoor seating is available – ask for the tables that overlook the Biergarten in the square!
Live music performances in Bierhimmel Konzerthalle – a newly renovated concert hall on the third floor of the building.
The Heidelberg Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (706) 878-0061
- Address: 8660 North Main Street, Helen, GA
- GPS: 34.7014933,-83.7333144
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: theheidelberghelen.com
The Heidelberg Reviews
- Facebook: The Heidelberg is rated 4.4 with 2,350+ reviews and 7,800+ likes
- TripAdvisor: The Heidelberg is rated 4.0 with 725+ reviews
Two Tire Tavern
Enjoy American and German comfort foods in their rustic dining room or outside on the dog-friendly patio. Military discount available.
Special events include live music and karaoke nights. Live music details and band lineups are posted regularly on social media.
Two Tire Tavern Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (706) 878-1002
- Address: 8735 North Main Street, Helen, GA
- GPS: 34.7013822,-83.7344122
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Two Tire Tavern Reviews
- Facebook: Two Tire Tavern is rated 4.7 with 275+ reviews and 2,350+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Two Tire Tavern is rated 4.0 with 100+ reviews
What to Take to Live Shows in Helen, GA
Make sure that you and your group have the best time possible by following these easy tips for seeing live music performances.
Bring cash and try to have smaller bills to make exact change where possible. Many parking lots in Helen are cash only, and it’s also helpful to have cash to tip bartenders and musicians.
Carry a basic or custom set of earplugs to protect your hearing during loud shows.
Keep your hands free for clapping along, holding your drinks, and taking selfies with your friends by keeping your belongings secure in a crossbody-style bag.
What else do you like to have with you when watching live music?
Find more information about Helen Ga at gamountainsguide.com/tag/helen.
It is nice to know many places where live music is conducted in Helen. Thanks for mentioning taking earplugs as some places have loud sounds. Even the cash is necessary to give a tip at these places.
It is interesting to know that even some places are pet friendly.
Hi Sujith! Helen is a great town to see live music – it’s great that so many of these places are within walking distance of each other (and most of the hotels too).
Thanks for the great article. I enjoyed the interactive map, and sent a solid ten minutes looking through each venue and where it was located. This is a great feature for those who live in Helen and want to see what is closest to their home.
Live music is such a staple in so many lives and after COVID and the amount of things that shut down it’s so nice to see that things are opening back up and life is getting back to normal. We have a “Music in the Park” down by our main river and it wasn’t able to pick back up this year after Covid. I hope next year we will see more live music events happening around town.
Thanks for the info, talk soon!
Hi Brooke, Thanks for the feedback! Helen is a lively town and live music is definitely a huge part of that vibe.
You have listed some really great places to see live music in Helen, Georgia. I love German food, so I am definitely going to check out some of the places you have mentioned here, particularly the Hofbrauhaus, it would be great to eat great food and listen to some live music all while overlooking the Chattahoochee River. I like that you have mentioned if pets are allowed or not, as I plan on bringing my dog with me.
Thanks for this great overview.
That’s awesome Jenny! I hope that you and your dog have a fantastic visit to Helen!!
Wow! This is a very helpful article (and website) displaying activities in Helen, Ga. I visited this area on vacation years ago. The North Georgia mountains and area in Helen, GA is Extremely Beautiful. I had a chance to bring my motorcycle and ran across an Apple festival that had apple treats in all kinds of dishes. It was an experience I will never forget. Thanks again for this website. I can see that the area has expanded with even more events and excitement for me to try next visit!
Hi Tim, Thanks so much for the kind words and for sharing your experience. The scenic drives through the mountains are very popular with motorcycle riders — and especially during the peak fall foliage season. The Georgia Apple Festival is in nearby Ellijay and is happening this year on October 9-10 and October 16-17. Enjoy!
I just finished reading this article and. I live in Georgia myself in fact by Lake Lanier so I’m very interseting to see what these resturants have to offer! To be honest, im kind of liking the Paul Steakhouse because I love meat.I just want to know which one of these places is your favorite and which one of these places would you recomeend me the most? Also,what type of music does these resturants provide? I kind of like any music espcially country and rock but any good song to me and I like it
Hi Michael, it’s hard to pick a favorite Helen venue because most offer something that is unique and worth a trip. That said, I personally find that it’s hard to beat a great view with a meal (or show).
For great options in town, I’d choose the Helen riverfront restaurants or the outdoor balcony tables at The Heidelberg that overlook the beergarden.
I also love great views of nature’s mountains, trees, and open spaces. For that, the views and space at Creekstone Winery (just outside of town) offer a way to enjoy different scenery during your visit.
Most venues post information about their upcoming acts on their websites or social media — you should be able to find the music that looks best to you by checking online for details about the date that you want to see live music!
Thank you very much for providing an easy-to-follow guide to live music in Helen. I have heard good things about Paul’s Steakhouse so I will make sure to visit them. There is something about riverfront restaurants that I really enjoy. I found them really relaxing. I like to watch the river flow.
Hi Ann, Paul’s Steakhouse (and their lively Margarita Deck) is a great place to see live music in Helen. Visits during the day will be treated to scenic views of the river and nighttime visitors will appreciate the central city location that is close to everything! Enjoy!!