Free Stuff in North Georgia
What could be better than getting something for free? There are many different ways to score great deals in North Georgia if you know where to look. Enjoy these great free Georgia mountain resources!
Free Stuff in North Georgia
There are a handful of different categories of North Georgia freebies. Find the ones most interesting and relevant to you and learn below how to sign up for these great offers.
Free Georgia Maps & Travel Guides
Plan a great trip in Georgia no matter which part of the state you’d like to see.
View and download the official state map and request area brochures to be mailed to you from Georgia’s tourism organization. View an online map of Georgia counties to get more familiar with local areas.
Explore and interact with this guide featuring Georgia’s state parks and historic sites.
Download and enjoy the educational coloring activities in this free book for kids.
Free Entrance to Georgia Parks
Explore some of the best of North Georgia at local museums and parks. Georgia residents and visitors can both take advantage of these great free offers!
Get free entrance to US National Parks on 5 (or more) free park entrance days each year. No sign-up is required — valid at national parks in Georgia and all across the country!
Enjoy free admission to US National Forest Sites during these dates occurring 4+ times per year! No sign-up is required.
Georgia law requires that anyone 16 and older have a fishing license in their possession — purchase one online from the Electronic Georgia Licensing (EGAL) system or call 1-800-366-2661. Anyone can also take part in the free fishing days in Georgia (dates change each year).
- Also, take advantage of the Fishing Tackle Loaner Program at select Georgia state parks and borrow gear for free!
The Wildlife Resources Division (WRD) of Georgia DNR provides rods, reels and tackle box equipment to participating State Parks and Historic Sites Offices. Interested visitors can inquire at the park office and check out the equipment for the day. This program provides a way for budding anglers to try fishing without having to purchase any equipment.
Also, Georgia residents with a library card may be able to check out park admission passes and parking permits from the Library Loan Program to get free access to many of Georgia’s State Parks and Historic Sites. These passes can be checked out at any time of year (subject to availability). Check with your local library for more details and to check out your pass!
Free Entrance to North GA Museums
Learn more about North Georgia’s history and culture with a free visit to a local museum!
North Ga Museums with Free Admission Year-Round
No need to wait for a special occasion at these free North Georgia museums!
- Old Courthouse Museum, Blairsville
- Mountain Life Museum, Blairsville
- Cornelia Historic Train Depot Museum, Cornelia
- Helen Arts & Heritage Center History Museum, Helen
- The Gourd Place Museum, Sautee
- Rome Area History Center, Rome
Free admission to historic sites all across the state of Georgia!
- Free event happens 1 time per year in February
- The next event is February 5, 2023
- No advance signup required
Free admission to Smithsonian Museums across the country on Museum Day!
- Free event happens 1 time per year in September
- The next event is September 17, 2022
- Requires advance signup to a single museum
Free North GA Attractions
Let your wallet take a break with these free activities in the North Georgia mountains. Always call to confirm participation or reserve your space where necessary.
Get free admission daily to Babyland General Hospital where the iconic Cabbage Patch Kids are born. Closed on holidays.
- Babyland General Hospital is located at 300 N.O.K. Drive, Cleveland, GA
Each Sunday during the Helen Oktoberfest, everyone gets free admission into the Helen Oktoberfest celebration. Bring the whole family to the Helen Festhalle and spend the day watching live music and doing traditional german dances. German food and beer are available for purchase.
Make plans now to enjoy the huge annual Oktoberfest celebration in Alpine Helen, Georgia.
- Every Sunday during Helen Oktoberfest (approximately early September through the end of October)
- Located at the Helen Festhalle at 1074 Edelweiss Strasse, Helen, GA
Barker’s Creek Grist Mill has been providing the community with milling services since the mid-1800s. The current mill was built by Mary Hambidge in 1944 at the site of an older mill. Barker’s Creek Mill is still operated by Hambidge on the First Saturday of each month and by appointment (to provide milling services to local farmers). The volunteer miller is happy to answer your questions.
Organic grits and cornmeal are stone ground at the mill and can be purchased in 2-pound bags at the mill on the First Saturdays.
- FIRST SATURDAY of each month from 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Located at 4507 Betty’s Creek Road, Rabun Gap, GA
Enjoy free planetarium shows and night sky telescope viewing of celestial objects! The planetarium features a 30-foot diameter dome and can seat an audience of 46 people.
- Free planetarium shows at the Coleman Planetarium
- Most Fridays at 8:00 pm (approximately 40 minutes)
- Shows incorporate a full-dome video and a live presentation of the current night sky
- Shows change throughout the year to reflect changes in the evening skies and new developments in science
- Coleman Planetarium is located at Health and Natural Sciences Building, 159 Sunset Drive (Room 234), Dahlonega, GA
- Free telescope viewings at North Georgia Astronomical Observatory
- Fridays and Saturdays from 8:00 pm – 12:00 am (weather permitting)
- Located at the North Georgia Astronomical Observatory on Day Drive, Dahlonega, GA
The RM Rose Company Distillery is an award-winning North Georgia distillery offering FREE tastings and FREE tours and tastings!
- Free tastings and tours are available 7 days a week
- Distillery is located at 890 Franklin Street, Dillard, GA
Free Classes & Workshops
FREE workshops at local stores for kids and adults on a DIY-kick
- Blairsville Home Depot store at 17 Highway 515, Blairsville, GA
- Blue Ridge Home Depot store at 10012 Blueridge Drive, Blue Ridge, GA
- Clayton Home Depot store at 1551 Hwy 441 South, Clayton, GA
- Dahlonega Home Depot store at 140 Maxwell Lane, Dahlonega, GA
- Dawsonville Home Depot store at 226 Power Center Dr, Dawsonville, GA
- Gainesville Home Depot store at 924 Dawsonville Hwy, Gainesville, GA
- Jasper Home Depot store at 205 Bill Wigington Pkwy, Jasper, GA
- Toccoa Home Depot store at 302 Memorial Drive, Toccoa, GA
FREE workshops at local stores include Building a Keepsake Time Capsule, Installing Laminate Floors, and Building a Tabletop Basketball Set.
- East Ellijay Lowe’s store at 380 Highland Crossing, E Ellijay, GA
- Cumming Lowe’s store at 935 Marketplace Blvd, Cumming, GA
- Gainesville Lowe’s store at 1514 Skelton Rd, Gainesville, GA
- Cornelia Lowe’s store at 281 Carpenters Cove Lane, Cornelia, GA
- Use the Lowes.com “Find a Store” lookup tool to find other locations
Have the law team of Corales & Woody review your Georgia-based legal case at no charge with a free consultation. Legal consultations are free and are available over the phone in English or Spanish. Learn more about the Corales & Woody team online or call +1 (678) 961-3999 anytime (24/ 7).
- Phone: +1 (678) 961-3999
- Website: coraleswoody.com
What are your favorite freebies in North Georgia?