What could be better than getting something for free? There are many different ways to score these great deals if you know where to look. Enjoy these great free Georgia mountain resources!
Free Georgia Maps & Travel Guides
- Official Georgia State Road Map – request a printed map and area brochures to be mailed to you from Georgia’s tourism organization (download / soft copy also available)
- Georgia travel guide – 9 different languages available (Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, UK English) either via download or by requesting a hard copy via mail
- Free Travel Guide for Georgia State Parks & Historic Sites – interactive guide featuring Georgia’s state park
- Free Exploring Georgia’s Wildlife Coloring Book – download this free book for kids and learn more about Georgia’s wildlife
Free Entrance to Museums & Parks
See these posts for details about visiting some of the area’s premier spots on their annual free days! Georgia residents and visitors can both take advantage of these great free offers!
- FREE Entrance Days at National Parks: 4 times per year
- FEE-FREE Days at National Forest Sites: 5 times per year
- FREE Fishing Day: there were 3 free days in 2019 (June 1, June 8, and September 28)
- Also, take advantage of the Fishing Tackle Loaner Program at select Georgia state parks and borrow gear for free!
The Wildlife Resources Division (WRD) of Georgia DNR provides rods, reels and tackle box equipment to participating State Parks and Historic Sites Offices. Interested visitors can inquire at the park office and check out the equipment for the day. This program provides a way for budding anglers to try fishing without having to purchase any equipment.
- Georgia law requires that anyone 16 and older have a fishing license in their possession — purchase one online from the Electronic Georgia Licensing (EGAL) system or call 1-800-366-2661
- FREE Museum Day: free admission to Smithsonian Museums on Museum Day
Also, Georgia residents with a library card may be able to check out park admission passes and parking permits from the Library Loan Program to get free access to many of Georgia’s State Parks and Historic Sites. These passes can be checked out at any time of year (subject to availability). Check with your local library for more details and to check out your pass!
Free Legal Consultations
See the post for more details about having the law team of Corales & Woody review your legal case at no charge. Call 24/ 7.
- FREE LEGAL CONSULTATIONS FOR CASES IN THE STATE OF GEORGIA: available in English and Spanish
Free Activities & Attractions
- Babyland General Hospital has FREE admission daily (where Cabbage Patch Kids are born)
- HOME DEPOT – FREE monthly workshops for kids and adults on a DIY-kick
- REI stores offer a wide variety of classes for all age levels (advance online registration required)
- Available for both REI members ($20 for lifetime membership) and non-members (members usually get discounted rates)
- Search for FREE classes at REI including riding a bike, climbing, yoga, running with your dog, and more!
PLUS… Free FOOD for Special Occasions!
These national chains offer freebies on special occasions… take advantage of them in any part of the country!
- Krispy Kreme
- Free donut for Free Donut Day (annually in June)
- Free coffee on National Coffee
DayWEEKEND (late September)
- Free rewards year-round through loyalty club
- Dunkin Donuts – Free donut w/purchase for Free Donut Day (annually in June)
- Wal-Mart – Free donut for Free Donut Day (annually in June)
- Edible Arrangements – Free Chocolate Covered Cored Apple for Free Donut Day (annually in June)
- Chick-fil-A – Free Chicken Sandwich when dressed like a cow on Cow Appreciation Day on Tuesday 7/9/2019
- Moe’s – Free Queso Day (late September)
- Cinnabon – Free coffee on National Coffee Day (late September)
- Barnes & Noble – Free coffee on National Coffee Day (late September)
Check with local stores for specific offer details.
What are your favorite freebies in the Georgia mountains?