North GA Distilleries and Spirits
If you are looking for something fun with an opportunity to sample a strong drink, then make plans to visit one of the unique distilleries in the North Georgia mountains!
Take a distillery tour or stay in the tasting room to sample a flight of your choice of drinks. Or, choose to attend an event and help raise money for a good cause! There are many ways to enjoy a trip to a Georgia mountain distillery.
North Georgia Distilleries
Learn more about Appalachia and the history of moonshine, xxx, white lightning, firewater, or whatever you call America’s original “rebel spirit” before your trip with highly-rated moonshine books.
This small distillery offers tours and tastings 7 days a week. Guests must be 21 or older (with ID) to receive alcoholic beverages, but anyone under 21 can accompany adults on the tour and in the distillery. A basic tour is $5.99 and includes a shot glass to keep. Those who are more curious can upgrade to the Premium Tour and learn more about the production of handcrafted spirits.
Choose from the less strong drinks like Georgia Mountain Apple Pie (60 Proof) to the very strong drinks like White Lightning (109 Proof). Limit 1 free souvenir bottle per person per calendar day (must be over 21 years of age).
Dawsonville Moonshine Distillery Hours
The Dawsonville Moonshine Distillery is open daily for your convenience!
- MON: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- TUE: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- WED: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- THU: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- FRI: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- SAT: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- SUN: 12:30 pm – 5:00 pm
Dawsonville Moonshine Distillery Contact Info
- Call: +1 (706) 344-1210
- Address: 415 HWY 53 E, Suite 120, Dawsonville, GA
- Website: dawsonvillemoonshinedistillery.com
Dawsonville Moonshine Distillery Reviews
- Facebook: Dawsonville Moonshine Distillery is rated 4.6 with 350+ reviews and 13,475+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Dawsonville Moonshine Distillery is rated 4.5 with 75+ reviews
Grandaddy Mimm’s has the distinction of being Georgia’s first legal moonshine distillery. However, the roots of this local distillery stretch back even farther than their legal status! Visit the distillery and museum in Blairsville for a distillery tour or to sample a flight of Grandaddy Mimm’s products!
Distillery tours are $5 / person for the 20-minute tour to learn about the history of moonshine, the story behind the company, and the intricate details of the distillation process. Tastings are $5 / person and include a taste of up to 5 products NEAT.
Plus, no matter how strong you like your drinks, Grandaddy Mimms has the perfect option!
- Very strong: 140 Proof Mule Kickin’ High Octane and 100 Proof Authentic Corn
- Average strength: 96 Proof Authentic Blueberry Moonshine, 96 Proof Authentic Peach Moonshine, and 80 Proof Authentic Apple Moonshine
- Less strong: 40 Proof Wild Cherry Cobbler, 40 Proof Fresh Peach Cobbler, 40 Proof Blueberry Cobbler, and 40 Proof Apple Brown Betty
Grandaddy Mimm’s also acts as a concert venue, hosting concerts & songwriter’s nights!
Grandaddy Mimms Moonshine Distillery Hours
The distillery is closed on Sundays, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
- MON: 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
- TUE: 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
- WED: 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
- THU: 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
- FRI: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm
- SAT: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm
Grandaddy Mimms Moonshine Distillery Contact Info
- Call: +1 (706) 781-1829
- Address: 161 Pappys Plaza, Blairsville, GA
- Website: grandaddymimms.com
Grandaddy Mimms Moonshine Distillery Reviews
- Facebook: Grandaddy Mimms Moonshine Distillery is rated 4.4 with 800+ reviews and 12,000+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Grandaddy’s Mimm’s Distilling Co is rated 4.5 with 50+ reviews
Established in 2012, Moonrise Distillery is located in the foothills of the Appalachian mountains as you enter the city of Clayton, Georgia. Georgia Bourbon and Rye Whiskey are handcrafted using locally sourced grains, deep well mountain spring water, with traditional methods and equipment.
Enjoy souvenir tours, tastings, and craft cocktails that highlight the personality and presence of the spirits. Spend a couple of hours at the distillery and see how we use traditional methods and equipment to craft the best products possible. Take advantage of the large front porch, the event lawn, or see a band on the event stage.
Moonrise Ambassador Club
Join and enjoy special events, access to unique Ambassador product offerings and information, special discounts and the opportunity to help spread the word about Moonrise. Your name will be put on a special barrel and you get to sample and nurture it throughout it’s aging process. Once it’s ready you will get to visit Moonrise, bottle the batch, and take home a few personalized bottles.
The initial cost of $275 and annual renewal of $200/year entitles you to $5 discounts on bottle purchases, $2 discounts on cocktails, 10% merchandise discount, a Glencairn whiskey glass to take home, and access to Ambassador only products and merchandise releases.
Tastings and tours are free for Ambassadors as they enjoy the use of an Ambassador glass during their visit.
Moonrise Distillery Hours
Moonrise Distillery is closed on Wednesdays. Tours last 30 minutes each and the last one starts at 4:00 pm daily. Live music each Sunday from 2:00 – 5:00 pm.
- MON: 12:00 am – 5:00 pm
- TUE: 12:00 am – 5:00 pm
- WED: CLOSED
- THU: 12:00 am – 5:00 pm
- FRI: 12:00 am – 5:00 pm
- SAT: 12:00 am – 5:00 pm
- SUN: 12:30 am – 5:00 pm
Moonrise Distillery Contact Info
- Call: +1 (844) 994-4759
- Address: 31 Webb Rd, Clayton, GA
- Website: MoonriseDistillery.com
Moonrise Distillery Reviews
This highly-rated distillery is popular with both locals and tourists!
- Facebook: Moonrise Distillery is rated 4.6 with 550+ reviews and 5,200+ likes
- TripAdvisor: Moonrise Distillery is rated 5.0 with 75+ reviews
- Ranked #1 for Things to Do in Clayton
The RM Rose Company Distillery is a small distillery offering FREE tastings and FREE tours and tastings, 7 days a week.
RM Rose Company Distillery Hours
The RM Rose Company Distillery is open daily for your convenience! Hours may change seasonally.
- MON: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- TUE: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- WED: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- THU: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
- FRI: 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
- SAT: 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
- SUN: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
RM Rose Company Distillery Contact Info
- Call: +1 (706) 982-8115
- Address: 890 Franklin St, Dillard, GA
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: RMRoseCo.com
RM Rose Company Distillery Reviews
- Facebook: RM Rose is rated 4.5 with 300+ reviews and 2,900+ likes
- TripAdvisor: R.M. Rose Company is rated 5.0 with 25+ reviews
This new local distillery offers daily tastings of their locally crafted moonshine, rum, and brandy.
White Path Creek Distillery Contact Info
- Phone: +1 (706) 273-1873
- Address: 1211 Old Northcutt Road, Ellijay, GA
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: whitepath-distillery.com
White Path Creek Distillery Reviews
- Facebook: White Path Creek Distillery is rated 5.0 with 25+ reviews and 1,200+ likes
- Yelp: White Path Distillery is rated 5.0
NOTE: The Z. Brown Distillery in Dahlonega (owned by Grammy-winner Zac Brown) closed in November 2018.
Map of Distilleries in North GA
This interactive map can help you locate the distilleries that are located closest to you.
What are your favorite North Georgia distilleries?