22 Vineyards Participating in Georgia’s Wine Highway Week 2018
<– NOTE –>
The article below is about an event that happened in the past (March 2018).
Visit gamountainsguide.com/georgia-wine-highway for information on the current Georgia Wine Highway.
<– *** –>
The annual Georgia Wine Highway event began Friday, March 16th and runs through Sunday, March 25th. This tour of North Georgia Mountain vineyards includes wine tastings at each vineyard and a commemorative souvenir wine glass. At only $50 to sample so many great wines from over 20 vineyards, this is a fantastic deal!
No online passport purchases are available, but you may purchase your 2018 Wine Highway Passport at your first stop at any of the 22 participating vineyards. Hours are Mon – Fri 1:00pm to 5:00pm, Sat 11:00am – 5:00pm, Sun 12:30pm – 5:00pm. I was able to make it to all 22 vineyards this year – a big thanks to my driver for making it possible (always drive safely).
Tickets / Passports are $50 each.
Map of Wine Highway Week Participating Vineyards
NOTE: Above map only shows vineyards participating in the 2018 Wine Highway Week.
- 12 Spies Vineyards & Farm, 550 Black Branch Rd, Rabun Gap, GA (5 wines +)
- Bear Claw Vineyards, 2281 Tennis Court Rd, Blue Ridge, GA (5 wines – all white)
- Cartecay Vineyards, 5704 Clear Creek Rd, Ellijay, GA (choice of 5 wines)
- CeNita Vineyards & Winery, 591 Dock Dorsey Rd, Cleveland, GA (5 wines +)
- Chateau Meichtry, 1862 Orchard Lane, Talking Rock, GA (choice of 5 wines)
- The Cottage Vineyard & Winery, 5050 Hwy 129N, Cleveland, GA (5 wines)
- Crane Creek Vineyards, 916 Crane Creek Rd, Young Harris, GA
- Currahee Vineyard & Winery, 372 Cawthon Road, Toccoa, GA
- Engelheim Vineyards, 127 Lakeview Rd, Ellijay, GA
- Fainting Goat Vineyards & Winery, 201 Vineyard Way, Jasper, GA (5 wines)
- Habersham Vineyards & Winery, 7025 South Main St, Helen, GA (6 wines)
- Hightower Creek Vineyards, Hiawassee, GA (5 wines)
- Kaya Vineyard & Winery, 5400 Town Creek Rd, Dahlonega, GA (choice of 5 wines)
- Odom Springs Vineyards, Winery, Tasting Room & Lodge, 637 Odom Rd, Blairsville, GA
- Ott Farms & Vineyard, 230 Henry Evans Rd, Ellijay, GA (5 wines)
- Paradise Hills, 366 Paradise Rd, Blairsville, GA
- Serenberry Vineyards, 450 Tipton Trail, Morganton, GA
- Serenity Cellars, 265 Laurel Ridge Rd, Cleveland, GA (choice of 5 wines +)
- Sharp Mountain Vineyards, 110 Rathgeb Trail, Jasper, GA
- Stonewall Creek Vineyards, 323 Standing Deer Lane, Tiger GA (5 wines)
- Tiger Mountain Vineyards, 2592 Old Highway 441 South, Tiger, GA (5 wines)
- Yonah Mountain Vineyards, 1717 Highway 255 S, Cleveland, GA (5 wines)
Note that a “+” next to the number of wines served indicates that we had a bartender who opted to share an additional sample taste based on our preferences. These bonus samples are not guaranteed, but you may find yourself with an extra sample if crowds allow time to chat with the bartender.
More details from GeorgiaWine.com:
The Winegrowers Association of Georgia is sponsoring its annual Wine Highway Week beginning Saturday March 16th through Sunday March 25th, 2018. This is a great way to see and experience the views and wonderful wines of Northeast Georgia. Our wineries offer great wines that are grown and produced here in Georgia, many of which have won local, regional, national and international awards.
Travelers will receive a “Wine Highway Week” collectors’ glass and Passport which will give them admission to ALL participating wineries at no additional charge. Be sure to keep your Passport and Collectors glass with you at all wineries visited! Member wineries and Affiliate Members will each provide their own unique open-house format, with many offering food and wine pairings, music, barrel and library wine tastings and more!
*** UPDATE ***
We spent 5 days with the 2018 Wine Highway Week passport and were able to visit all 22 of these great vineyards and wineries! As expected, the crowds were larger on the weekends, but the wineries were also busier than usual on the weekdays due to this event. Overall a great time and highly recommended!
Click here to learn more about the variety of great Vineyards and Wineries in the Georgia Mountains!