Georgia Wine Highway 2020
Note that the information below is for an event that happened in the past.
For information on the most current event, click to visit Georgia Wine Highway.
2020 Georgia Wine Highway Information
In previous years a “Georgia Wine Highway Week” was held over the span of 10 days in March. However, for 2020 the Georgia Wine Highway event expanded to a month-long celebration to allow for more spacing and time to visit during COVID-19 travel restrictions.
Wine Highway Week in the Georgia Mountains
This tour of some of the finest North Georgia mountain vineyards includes a commemorative souvenir wine glass and 4-5 wine tastings at each participating vineyard. There is a $50 charge per passport, but with the opportunity to sample multiple wines from 20+ vineyards, it is one of the best deals in Georgia!
To participate, visit any of the participating wineries and request a Wine Highway Passport. You will receive a “Wine Highway Week” souvenir glass for your tastings and an admission “passport” punch card for the participating wineries. Be sure to keep the Passport and souvenir glass with you at all wineries visited to receive your wine tastings!
Each winery provides its own wine tasting format, and many vineyards will include complimentary food and live music on weekends.
2020 Wine Highway Week Participating Vineyards & Wineries
The full list of 2020 participants is ready, and there are 28 great North Georgia vineyards and wineries that have signed up to participate for 2020! Please note that vineyards that have been crossed out below are no longer participating in the event after the COVID-19 shutdowns.
Blue Ridge & Ellijay
- Cartecay Vineyards, 5704 Clear Creek Rd, Ellijay, GA
- Engelheim Vineyards, 127 Lakeview Rd, Ellijay, GA
Mercier Orchards, 8660 Blue Ridge Drive, Blue Ridge, GA
- Ott Farms and Vineyard, 230 Henry Evans Rd, Ellijay, GA
Serenberry Vineyards, 450 Tipton Trail, Morganton, GA
Cleveland & Helen
CeNita Vineyards & Winery, 591 Dock Dorsey Rd, Cleveland, GA
- Creekstone Winery, 295 Hardman Farm Road, Sautee, GA
- Habersham Winery, 7025 South Main Street, Helen, GA
- Serenity Cellars, 265 Laurel Ridge Rd, Cleveland, GA
- Yonah Mountain Vineyards, 1717 Highway 255 S, Cleveland, GA
- Cavender Creek Vineyards & Winery, 3610 Cavender Creek Rd, Dahlonega, GA
- The Cottage Vineyard & Winery, 5050 Hwy 129N, Cleveland, GA (Dahlonega AVA)
Kaya Vineyard & Winery, 5400 Town Creek Rd, Dahlonega, GA
- Etowah Meadery, 3003 Morrison Moore Parkway East, Dahlonega, GA
Twisted Wine Garden at Dahlonega Resort & Vineyard, 400 Blueberry Hill Drive, Dahlonega, GA
- Chateau Meichtry, 1862 Orchard Lane, Talking Rock, GA
- Fainting Goat Vineyards & Winery, 201 Vineyard Way, Jasper, GA
- Sharp Mountain Vineyards, 110 Rathgeb Trail, Jasper, GA
Tiger, Toccoa, & Rabun Gap
- 12 Spies Vineyards & Farm, 550 Black Branch Rd, Rabun Gap, GA
- Stonewall Creek Vineyards, 323 Standing Deer Lane, Tiger GA
Tiger Mountain Vineyards, 2592 Old Highway 441 South, Tiger, GA
- Currahee Vineyard & Winery, 3301 West Currahee, Toccoa, GA
Upper Hiwassee Highlands AVA
- Hightower Creek Vineyards, 7150 Canaan Drive, Hiawassee, GA
- Crane Creek Vineyards, 916 Crane Creek Rd, Young Harris, GA
- Odom Springs Vineyards, Winery, Tasting Room & Lodge, 637 Odom Rd, Blairsville, GA
Paradise Hills, 366 Paradise Rd, Blairsville, GA
These areas aren’t quite in the mountains, but they are close enough to be included in North Georgia’s 2020 Wine Highway event. Enjoy these North Georgia winery locations in Alto and White.
- Big Door Vineyards, 125 Clearwater Trail, White, GA
- Sweet Acre Farms Winery, 7584 Bill Wilson Rd, Alto, GA
Please note that the vineyards/wineries that are crossed out above chose to opt-out of the event after the COVID pandemic moved the event dates.
See the previous Ga Mountains Guide post about the great value when we visited all 22 participating wineries for the 2018 Wine Highway Week!
NOTE: Although most of the North Georgia vineyards do participate in the Wine Highway Week event, you should know that there are a few select Georgia mountain vineyards that do not participate. Excellent vineyards that are not signed up to participate include Wolf Mountain Vineyards & Winery, Frogtown Cellars, Montaluce Winery and Estates, Three Sisters Vineyards, Bear Claw Vineyards, and Ellijay River Vineyards.
Which North Georgia wineries and Georgia mountain vineyards did you visit during the 2020 Georgia Wine Highway?